DU1345XTVB1 Whirlpool quiet partner II blinking lights

Dbennett040

Model Number
DU1345XTVB1
Brand
Whirlpool
"Pots & Pans" and "Normal" are blinking. And the machine doesn't do anything else. I have already tried cutting power and back on. Same results. Please help!
Model: DU1345XTVB1

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

It sounds like your control panel keypad has a short in it. Do this test below to confirm that.

A blinking LED over one of the keys of the keypad (or sometimes a “dead” keypad/console) indicates one or more key switch lines are stuck or shorted on the control board or the keypad.

To determine if the control board or keypad is faulty, do the following test:
Unplug dishwasher or disconnect power Open the dishwasher door. Open console and disconnect the keypad ribbon connection from the control (at P1). Make sure all other connections are made. Put console back together. Do not close the dishwasher door. Plug in dishwasher or reconnect power. Wait 5 seconds. Close dishwasher door. Monitor the control’s response.

➔If the control board board is OK (no longer sees shorts with the keypad unplugged), it will respond by turning on the drain motor for 2 minutes. Replace the keypad if the control board responds OK.

➔If the control board is not OK (still sees shorts with the keypad unplugged), then the drain motor will NOT respond. If drain motor does not start within 10 seconds, repeat or verify that all steps were followed, and then replace the control board.

Here's the control panel keypad assembly for your model you can order if yours tests bad:
WPW10142945 Control Panel

Watch this video to open the console and disconnect the keypad ribbon connection from the control (at P1): Dishwasher Touchpad & Control Panel Video

Your model may or may not have that black cover over the control board in the video, if not don't worry about that, but the rest of the video is basically the same, that ribbon cable just pulls out from the control board, some have a little snap device that you just unsnap to remove it.

Let us know what you find.

Jake

fm757

Hi Jake,

I have a similar issue with my normal light flashing on a whirlpool DU1055XTVS2 dishwasher. The dishwasher works, but at times the cycle stops and get a flashing "Normal" light, then starts up again for awhile before doing the same thing. So I am trying to determine if its the control board or touch pad. I ran across this thread and will perform these steps, but can you explain why the drain pump would come on by just closing the door without any button pressed? Where is the drain pump get the signal to turn on?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Jake,

I have a similar issue with my normal light flashing on a whirlpool DU1055XTVS2 dishwasher. The dishwasher works, but at times the cycle stops and get a flashing "Normal" light, then starts up again for awhile before doing the same thing. So I am trying to determine if its the control board or touch pad. I ran across this thread and will perform these steps, but can you explain why the drain pump would come on by just closing the door without any button pressed? Where is the drain pump get the signal to turn on?
Hi,

Its the normal test to determine which part is bad. If the control board was bad it wouldn't turn on the drain pump, the drain pump is mounted to your sump assembly at the very bottom of your dishwasher.

Here's the control panel touchpad assembly for your model you can order:
WPW10459139 Console Asm

Watch this video below to replace it: Whirlpool Dishwasher Touchpad & Control Panel Video

Let us know how it goes.

Jake