• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED DU1345XTVB2 Whirlpool Quiet Partner 2 Dishwasher stops during cycle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Early T Bird

Premium Member
Model Number
DU1345XTVB2
Brand
Whirlpool
I have a Whirlpool Quiet Partner 2 in our lake house that was installed in 2010 or 2011--and never used very much at all.
Sometimes when you start the dishwasher, it will run for a while, fill up with water and then just stop. Recycling power does not help.
Running the diagnostic-Heated Dry-Normal, Heated Dry-Normal does nothing. (with the door open or closed) No lights on at all.

I have taken apart and cleaned out the drain sump, and blade (no trash at all). I have replaced the control board--it ran fine a couple of times and then went back to stopping during the cycle as mentioned above. I put the original Control Board back in and returned the replacement board for a refund.
I have checked the door switch and it is working. Sometimes, when we are not there for several weeks (I leave the unit unplugged) and return. It will run ONCE and then go back to the frustrating stopping half way through the cycle. When it stops, there are no blinking lights--no lights at all--dead, nothing.
Any ideas at all would be most appreciated--I am very close to tossing this thing to the curb--even though it has minimal usage.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Early,

Sounds like possibly your main power wire nuts are loose or arcing.

There is a metal junction box under your dishwasher that I see the wire nuts either burn and come loose and that would cause a complete loss of power to the dishwasher.

Your junction box is in the front right corner when you take off the BOTTOM kickplate.

Make sure your breaker to the dishwasher is off first.

Jake

Early T Bird

Premium Member
Hi Jake,

Thank you for the reply. I can certainly check the power connections. As I mentioned, this dishwasher is in our lake house-3 hours away. We will be there in a couple weeks. Let's say that the wire nuts are good and the power to the unit is O.K. , what would be the next steps in your troubleshooting procedure?

Thank you.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, then its possibly a short in your keypad assembly, since you already replaced the control board, or you have a new defective control board.

To determine if the control board or keypad is faulty, do the following test:

Unplug dishwasher or disconnect power Open the dishwasher door. Open console and disconnect the keypad ribbon connection from the control board (at P1). Make sure all other connections are made. Put console back together. Do not close the dishwasher door. Plug in dishwasher or reconnect power. Wait 5 seconds. Close dishwasher door. Monitor the control board's response.

➔If the control board is OK (no longer sees shorts with the keypad unplugged), it will respond by turning on the drain motor for 2 minutes. Replace the keypad if the control board responds OK.

➔If the control board is not OK (still sees shorts with the keypad unplugged), then the drain motor will NOT respond. If drain motor does not start within 10 seconds, repeat or verify that all steps were followed, and then replace the control.

Here's the keypad assembly for your model:
WPW10348564

Here's the control board for your model:
Control Board WPW10285180

Let us know what you find.

Jake

Early T Bird

Premium Member
Jake,

Thank you for the troubleshooting information.
As per your recommendation, I checked the wire nut connections and all seemed good--I re-wire nutted? the connections just to be sure.
Tried running the dishwasher and nothing.
I disconnected the keypad at P-1 on the control board and followed your instructions (twice) and the drain motor did not come on.
Curiously though--later that evening the "Normal" light and "Start" Light/button was flashing. I started the unit and it ran for about 10
minutes and then stopped--nothing, no lights, no control board reset--nothing. This is how it has been acting all along.

I guess I will order a second control board and replace it again--unless you have any other ideas.

Thanks again for your help!

Tony

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Flashing lights usually means there is a short in the keypad assembly, I'd order that as well.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent Tony, glad to hear the new keypad assembly fixed it. (y)

Thanks for the update!

Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.