DU930PWSB0 Whirlpool Dishwasher won't start or turn on

waldreps

Premium Member
Model Number
DU930PWSB0
Brand
Whirlpool
My Whirlpool dishwasher(not sure of the age) model #DU930PWSB0 serial #FU4623240 won't start or turn on. When I close the door, I can hear the latch catch, and I can hear a relay click. I normally then push the start button and the lights come on. Then another press and it starts. Now, no lights come on and pressing anything won't do anything. I took the inner panel off and using my volt meter verified that 120 volts is getting to the latch switch. Also, I manually triggered the latch switch and the other two wires connected to it went from 0 to 120 volts. So, I think the latch switch is working. Any ideas? How do I test further down toward the board? Is the fact that I can hear a relay click after triggering the latch an indication that the board is getting power? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Usually when there is no lights and your getting 120 volts to the door latch, then the problem is normally that the thermal fuse blew.

Here's the thermal fuse for your model below, when you click the link to it, there is a HOW TO video that shows you how to ohm test that thermal fuse. Make sure you turn the breaker OFF to your dishwasher first!

Thermal Fuse 675813

Let us know what you find.

Jake

waldreps

Premium Member
The thermal fuse tested at 0 ohms so that means it's good, right. What next?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, if you ohm tested it per the video in the part link and your digital meter showed 0 ohms then its good.

Ok, now you will want to test for power to the control board to make sure that you are getting 120vac. If you are getting power but no display then you would want to replace the control board. To check this you will check from P8 (Tan) to P7 (White).

Here's the control board for your model you can order here if needed:
Whirlpool WPW10039780 Electronic Control

Jake

waldreps

Premium Member
Thanks for the reply. I checked the voltage from P8 to P7 and after triggering the latch switch, I get 120 volts. Is there anyway to test if it's just the control panel (display and buttons) that's broken? I would hate to replace the control board and then find out the control panel (display and buttons) still don't do anything. It looks like the control panel (display and buttons) plug in on the left with that flat ribbon. Can I test for power at any of those pins where that flat ribbon plugs in to see if the control panel (display and buttons) are getting power?

Last edited:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes,

Get the tech. data sheet for this model, you should have it, its behind the bottom access panel.

Then you will see: the CHECKING KEYPAD OPERATION section.

Jake