• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

DV40J3000EW/A2 Control Panel Not Functioning/Displaying Correctly

bbonneau

Premium Member
Model Number
DV40J3000EW/A
Brand
Samsung
I just bought a used dryer (Model DV40J3000EW/A2) and it's not functioning properly. The drying times are not correct and some functionality is not working (increase the time, etc.). See video below.

I am not sure if I should buy a replacement main board (DC92-01025D), or a Dryer User Control and Display Board DC92-01736A.

I am thinking the control and display board but thought I'd check with the forums before I buy.

Any help and advice is greatly appreciated.

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member

bbonneau

Premium Member
Pretty pissed off--the part came in and it's not the correct board. I put my model # of dryer in the parts finder on appliance parts pro and it said to use DC92-01736A.

But when I removed the current board it's a DC92-01624E and completely different. Sending it back (hopefully a refund on shipping too), and ordered the right board this time. The saga continues....

rickgburton

Staff member
I put my model # of dryer in the parts finder on appliance parts pro and it said to use DC92-01736A.
The appliance compatibility tool? I went by model number when I looked it up. I just checked a few more parts sites and they all say DC92-01736A is the correct part. Did you get the part from appliance parts pro?

bbonneau

Premium Member
Yes I got it from them. They did give me a full refund which was nice--so I ordered the one that matched what I pulled out (DC92-01624E).

Got the part yesterday and it fit perfectly--tested it out, however still had the same issue as in the video so I am guessing the display board isn't the culprit. The worst part is--when I contacted APP about returning it they asked if it was installed--I said no, but that I plugged in to test and they said that counts as installing and is ineligible for returns. So now I'm trying to sell it on ebay.

I bought this dryer used on facebook marketplace and am wondering if it was frankenstein-ed by putting other components together? The people I bought it from ended up stopping communication so I may have gotten scammed.

The only other thing I could think of that is causing this is the main board but now I'm skeptical to keep putting money into parts that I am unable to return. If I can sell the display board I will buy a main board, but if not I don't know. The dryer is technically working, but not as it normally would.

rickgburton

Staff member
That's the wrong board for that model number so I don't know what's going on with that machine. Put the board for sale on our site.

bbonneau

Premium Member
I sold the board on ebay before I saw your comment--thanks for the offer though.

I am still confused on what part I need though. When I replaced the display board with what I pulled off the machine (DC92-01624E Samsung Dryer PCB DISPLAY Assy) the board fit, but the issues with the wrong times and limited functionality still persisted. I'm wondering if this can be caused by installing the wrong part/model? It's possible this dryer was pieced together but I'm not 100% sure.

My next logical thought was to replace the main board (not display board) so I pulled the part off and it has a part number on the side label of DC92-01736A. That is obviously coming up as a display board--not the main board unit.

I'm torn between buying another display board (01736A this time), or keeping what's on there (01624E) and trying a new main board (part number (DC92-01025D????) I never saw the number "DC92-01025D" anywhere on the main board unit.

Thanks for any and all help with this!

Attachments

bbonneau

Premium Member
Now that I'm looking at the display board pics online again (DC92-01736A)--it clearly will not fit my dryer control because my dryer display has a 2 digit digital display (which is why DC92-01624E fits). I'm guessing the top part of my dryer does not fit the bottom part with the serial number which is why part numbers are not matching up.

Any thoughts on buying a main control board that goes with the display board DC92-01624E?

bbonneau

Premium Member
Do you know what pcb main control board # would go with a display board DC92-01624E? I really think the dryer has been pieced together so hoping getting the right pcb main board that works with the display board I have will fix the issue.

rickgburton

Staff member
There's no way to look it up that like that. I can only go by model number and that will bring up the wrong number.

bbonneau

Premium Member
There's no way to look it up that like that. I can only go by model number and that will bring up the wrong number.
Ok Rick one last question/piece of advice. I figured out that I have the dryer body and PCB main board for a DV40J3000EW/A2. I have a PCB display board and control panel from a DV45H7000EW/A2. Could I buy a main board to match the display board and control panel even if it does not match the body? The 2 options I see are 1. Buy the correct display board and control panel for the body of my model dryer... or 2. Buy the main board (DC92-01626B) that matches the display board and control panel that I currently have. Both options are roughly the same cost. Any thoughts?

rickgburton

Staff member
Buy the main board (DC92-01626B) that matches the display board and control panel that I currently have.
How long did it work when you first got it?

bbonneau

Premium Member
How long did it work when you first got it?
It's always "worked" as far as running and getting hot--we didn't notice the display time and control issues until right after he left and now he's unreachable. I'm tempted to try the main board that goes with the top display board/assembly I have now, but am not sure if it will have the same issues since it's not the correct body of the dryer model.

Do you know if the top display board and main board will work correctly even if the bottom dryer body is from a slightly different model from Samsung? I'm surprised that a different model display board actually works with a different model's main board at all.

rickgburton

Staff member
Do you know if the top display board and main board will work correctly even if the bottom dryer body is from a slightly different model from Samsung?
I don't sorry. I don't want to tell you to replace a board and then have it not work since most boards are not returnable. It's a hard decision to make when you have money invested in a repair, but I would think about cutting my loses before it gets too expensive. It's a Samsung machine which is not that good to begin with. I've seen Samsung (and LG) parts new in the box be bad. Whatever you do keep us posted.