• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

DV42H5000EW/A3 Samsung Dryer Dead

Gary Rizz

Premium Member
Model Number
DV42H5000EW
Brand
Samsung
Hello Jake. I need some help, please. I have a Samsung Dryer DV42H5000EW/A3. It's dead as if it's not plugged in.

My problem seems identical to that of JustinleeO in the last post on this thread:

But I have a slightly different Samsung model number. The thermal fuses (both), door switch, belt switch, and thermistor are all good. Everything ohms out. I'm getting 220V from the wall outlet and I'm getting 120v at the main control board. Next, I checked the plug on the main Control board (pins 5 & 6 red/white) for 12V and the voltage was present there as well.

Lastly, I'm also getting 12v at the plug coming off the main wiring harness that feeds through the far right side of the machine and plugs into the Display/Sub-PBA Board. I then tested the motor (dryer unplugged) and got the two readings of approx 2 ohms and then approx 3.4 ohms when the Centrifugal switch on the motor is depressed or activated. At this point, I'm pretty much at a loss as to what to do next. I now suspect that maybe the "Display/Selector" board may be bad, but haven't found any way to test it.

I guess I'm also not 100% convinced that my main Control Board is truly good either.

Do you know of any way that I can test the Display/Controller board? In your opinion, do you think that my main Control Board can still be bad? With both boards being non-returnable items, I'd really like to make to correct purchase. Any light that you can shed would be most appreciated, thanks! -Gary

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I'm also getting 12v at the plug coming off the main wiring harness that feeds through the far right side of the machine and plugs into the Display/Sub-PBA Board.
If your getting 12 volts to it and its not lighting up, then that should be the culprit:
DC92-01607H Assy Pcb SUB

Jake

Gary Rizz

Premium Member
Thank you for the quick reply.
Is there a way test the Assy Pcb SUB by leaving it connected to the plug that's feeding the 12v and to test another point/pin located somewhere else on the Assy Pcb SUB?
I suppose I'm looking for a definitive test before pulling the trigger on the purchase of the SUB. Thank you for the guidance! -Gary

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok Gary, I don't have the tech data sheet for this model to see if you can test the Assy PCB SUB, but all appliances come with tech. data sheets. Unless they are removed by the installer, which they should not do. Look in your console for it.

Jake

Gary Rizz

Premium Member
Hey Jake! Today, I received and installed the new Assy PCB SUB and the dryer is still DEAD. Do you have any other ideas or things I might look for or try to do? Do you think that my main control board can still be bad? I'm about ready to take a sledgehammer to it and just buy a new machine. Thank you for any insight. -Gary

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
That's very strange Gary, that should of fixed it if your getting 12 volts to it and its not lighting up.

I don't know what else it could be. Hate to see you buy a new control board on a whim.

Here's the main control board for your model:

Jake

Gary Rizz

Premium Member
I didn't want to purchase the more expensive main control board because it was non-returnable and I didn't know for 100% that it would fix the problem. I wound up selling the machine (as is) for $50.00 bucks on Facebook Marketplace and buying a new dryer. With all the work, time, and energy that I put into that machine, I really wanted to fix it. I really wanted to know what part caused the failure, but I had to throw in the towel when the main control board was the next step.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok Gary, thanks for the update!

Hope you got a USA brand dryer this time.:)

Not another Samsung or LG?

Jake