DV42H5000EW/A3 Samsung Electric Dryer Not Cooling During Cycle

GetUsed2It

Premium Member
Model
DV42H5000EW
Brand
Samsung
Hello experts,

I have an electric Samsung dryer (DV42H5000EW/A3)that is not cooling during the cooling cycle. Would appreciate some direction as to what I should test and replace. If you need any additional information please let me know. Thank you for your help!

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member

jeff1

Staff member
Please do keep us posted.

jeff.

jeff1

Staff member
Glad that was all it was....thankx for the update :)

jeff.

GetUsed2It

Premium Member
So I tested the dryer without clothes in it. It cooled down during the cooling cycle after two minutes as expected. When I put clothes in it, it stopped after two minutes as well, hit the cooling cycle and stopped. I ordered the whole unit, sensors and all. Should I swap out for the old sensors or could it be something else? Thanks!!!

jeff1

Staff member
When I put clothes in it, it stopped after two minutes as well, hit the cooling cycle and stopped.
What is "it"?
Are you letting the whole cycle run?
Try a timed cycles, last 4-8 minutes should be cool down.

jeff.

GetUsed2It

Premium Member
The timed dry works like a charm. The Normal setting starts with 40 minutes on the timer, hits 39 minutes and then quickly goes to Cooling so it only runs for about 3 minutes, clearly not enough time to dry anything. I was wondering if I should take the sensors out of the old unit and use them. Of course I can just used timed dry forever as well and call it a day.

Thanks again for all your help Jeff!

jeff1

Staff member
The Normal setting starts with 40 minutes on the timer, hits 39 minutes and then quickly goes to Cooling so it only runs for about 3 minutes
Sensor bars, could be coated, could have hair or something caught in one/them. Try cleaning them off as a good place to start.
Failing those, then the board is probably bad for the automatic/moisture cycles only....esp since timed dry worked ok.

Moisture-Sensor-DC61-02627A-01612241.jpg Dryer moisture sensor

jeff.

GetUsed2It

Premium Member
I had a sneaky suspicion I must not have plugged in the moisture sensors. Opened up the lint collector and saw it was plugged in?! Gave it a little tug and it popped right out so I didn’t snap it together. I have a load to wash later so I will give an update when I dry the load. Once again thanks so much for your direction and assistance Jeff, you are my hero!

jeff1

Staff member
Please keep us posted.

jeff.