• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED DV42H5200EP Samsung Dryer keeps running with 1 minute left

Status
Not open for further replies.

ddthomas

Premium Member
Model Number
DV42H5200EP
Brand
Samsung
Sorry if this has been solved already , but have found some conflicting info online. Dryer keeps running with 1 minute remaining and clothes are dry And dryer is still blowing warm air. It does this on timed dry as well. No error codes. We did have a power outage before this happened and it tripped the breaker for the dryer. I suspect this created the issue. I’ve read online possible thermal fuse or control board issues but am curious if anyone can pinpoint this issue. Samsung support was no help, Call a technician.... Would like to repair myself.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Yes, sounds like your heating element is grounded and causing it to ALWAYS stay ON.

--->Set your dryer on AIR FLUFF/NO HEAT and let it run and see if it gets warm/hot inside the drum.

If so, Unplug your dryer from the wall outlet, then take your heating element out and see if the heating element coil on it has broken and its touching the metal heater housing of it.

Here's the heating element for your model you can order if yours is broken:
Heating Element DC47-00019A

There is a video in the part link that shows you how to remove and replace it.

Let us know what you find.

Jake

ddthomas

Premium Member
You were bang on! Element was broken and touching/fused to the housing. Thank you very much! Video was extremely helpful

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent, glad you found it was the heating element. (y)

Thanks for the update!

Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.