• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED DV42H5200GP/A3 Samsung dryer - Could somebody please identify what this pad is, I almost had a huge fire

bubulooski

Premium Member
Model Number
DV42H5200GP/A3
Brand
Samsung
Could somebody please help me identify what this pad is, I almost had a huge fire had I not disassembled and cleaned this thing out.
Tons and tons of lint and debris. Children's clothes starting to pile up and need to get this back together I have no idea what the name of this pad is or where to get a new one. If anybody could help I would really appreciate it.
1616594107039.jpeg

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
It's just a piece of insulation to keep the side from getting too hot. It's not sold as a separate part. Yours looks OK. Check your outside vent and vent hose is not blocked. Make sure the lint screen is in good shape with no holes in it and clean after each load.

bubulooski

Premium Member
It's just a piece of insulation to keep the side from getting too hot. It's not sold as a separate part. Yours looks OK. Check your outside vent and vent hose is not blocked. Make sure the lint screen is in good shape with no holes in it and clean after each load.
do you think it would be OK to run it without it, I removed it I earlier because it was singed and smelling really bad?

rickgburton

Staff member
Without it the side of the machine will get hot and will discolor. If you still have it glue it back on.

bubulooski

Premium Member
it was in real bad shape, I went with a torch pad and some high temp silicone sealant hopefully this will keep. My biggest concern is any type of fire danger would not be good with my family in the house. please let me know if you think this route will be problem free?
1616618280123.png

rickgburton

Staff member
Looks ok. Keep the vent hose and vent clear. Cut off any extra vent hose not being used. Make sure the lint screen is clean after each load. On your model lint screen, dryer sheets or rather the fabric softener that's in the dryer sheets, cloggs the holes in the lint screen over time.

bubulooski

Premium Member
Thank you, I couldn't believe the amount of debris that was layered in the bottom that caught fire right around the heating element.
I am truly grateful I still have a home today.

rickgburton

Staff member
I've seen that happen a few times. According to consumer reports, In 2020 69,000 house fires were started by a home appliance.