• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

DV42H5200GW/A3 Samsung dryer mysterious "te" error. Help!!!

Stargazer

Premium Member
Model Number
DV42H5200GW
Brand
Samsung
I recently purchased this dryer with this error thinking I could find the issue and now I'm left stumped. The previous owner replaced the thermistor twice along with the main PCB once, "TE" error displayed four times in sixteen months.

Dryer will not run more than five or ten seconds or so before displaying this "te" error, I've googled this error/problem and have tried all of the solutions attached to the search results but can't seem to solve it. The only thing I've found that may be the problem is the firmware version that the control board is flashed with may be recalled & require an update but don't have the service manual to know which touch pads must be touched to display the firmware version. While troubleshooting I was able to successfully run a short cycle however after trying subsequent cycles brought me right back to square one, I believe I wiped down the thermistor before it worked but after wiping a second time it didn't make a difference.

Wiring all looks good, I tested positive continuity between the molex contacts on both ends (thermistor & main PCB).
Thermistor measures approximately 14k Ohms at room temp with no continuity between the contacts, likely due to high resistance.
Completely disassembled the exhaust to confirm negative existence of lint blockage.
No loose wiring behind front dial.

Anyone have access to the Samsung service portal to obtain the service manual or online tech bulletins for this model?

Thanks!

MODEL# DV42H5200GW/A3
SERIAL# 0ABJ5BBG501974V
MANUFACTURED: 2015.05

Last edited: