• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED DV45H6300GG/A3 Samsung gas dryer buzzes and will not spin without helping it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tarponstalker

Premium Member
Model Number
DV45H6300GG/A
Brand
Samsung
Hello- I have a Samsung gas dryer model number DV45H6300GG/A3. I’ve had this dryer about six years without incident. Today when I go to turn on the dryer is making a humming sound and the drum will not spin. I removed the top lid And if I slightly coerced the drum it will activate and start operating normally. What should I be looking for at this point? Thanks for your assistance in advance

Tarponstalker

Premium Member
Update...... just after I posted this thread, the dryer had run for about a minute after coercing it and then shuts off probably because it feels it’s under duress or something like that. I unplugged it to reset, plugged it back in and it turned back on for about 10 seconds and then shuts off and does nothing. I do hear a click going on inside the upper control box of left side, which I assume is a relay but no action on the drum

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

The problem is the motor.

Here's the motor for your model you can order:
DC31-00055G Motor

There is a video in the motor part link to show you how to replace it.

Let us know how it goes.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, sounds good, keep us posted.

Jake

Tarponstalker

Premium Member
I will. Thanks again. Part ETA end of the week coming up. Looks like a pretty straight forward swap. Belt looks nice and tight and idler pulley in good shape so hopefully no whammies!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, should be easy to do per the video, just make sure you disconnect power to the dryer first before you replace the motor.

Jake

Tarponstalker

Premium Member
Hey guys- I just wanted to say thank you for the assistance with repairing my Samsung dryer. It’s always nice to bounce your thoughts off another brain, particularly those that work in the industry. The motor was an exact replacement. Ran it several times yesterday and she worked great. And....only one screw leftover!!!😎

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent, glad to hear the new motor fixed it.(y)

Thanks for the update!

Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.