• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED DV45H7000EW/A2 Samsung dryer not heating

ajshoe

Premium Member
Model Number
DV45H7000EW/A
Brand
Samsung
dryer runs but no heat. took dryer apart, element is good - 11 ohms, new thermistor, high limit fuse is good, therm sernsor is good, wiring is good, motor contacts work, BUT NO HEAT. relay on PCB never makes contact. have 3 control boards and none of them work - relay never makes contact to turn on heat element. If I jumper the relay (wires going to the heater coil - dryer works - has heat. thanks, John

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Did you ohm test the thermal fuse on the heater housing?

Here it is:
DC96-00887C

Also you are missing the digits at the end of your model number.

Here's the results I get:
DV45H7000EW/A2-0000
DV45H7000EW/A2-0001
DV45H7000EW/A2-0002

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Oh, wait, I missed this--->If I jumper the relay (wires going to the heater coil - dryer works - has heat. thanks, John

You may be installing the wrong control board, that's why we need those last 4 digits at the end of your model number to verify which control board your model takes.

Jake

ajshoe

Premium Member
model #DV45H7000EW/A2 serial #0Bh05auf508505T. made in China plant #1. 2014.05 thats all the info that's on the name plate. This dryer has been a nightmare. never thought a dryer could be this hard to repair - spent 4 hours and still doesn't work. I have a control board from a samsung dryer that has steam option. Board looks similar but different part #. installed that and the dryer worked (has heat). I don't understand why the control board software can't determine that the heat doesn't work and give out an error code

Last edited:

bigbuck

Appliance Tech
Staff member
Read this!
The motor has two sets of contacts. One for the heating circuit the other for the centrifugal sense pin on the main board. It senses whether or not the motor is running by watching the state of that set of contacts. The first thing I do on a no heat is remove the top put it in a timed cycle, hit start and listen closely for the heater relay to close, if it does troubleshoot heater circuit. If relay does not close troubleshoot motor switch circuit, second set of contacts. Check continuity of that wire down to the motor, pull plug and look for a bent pin on the motor, pull the centrifugal switch by hand, check the centrifugal switch contacts between motor pins # 5 & 6 and 1 & 2. You usually find a bent pin or no continuity between pins 5 & 6 .

Attachments

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Thanks AJ, I clearly see there is any 4 digits at the end, I wonder why all the parts sites say there is?

Thanks BB for posting that, I was not aware of that either. AJ check what bigbuck mention to do in his last post, they maybe the problem.

Jake

ajshoe

Premium Member
WOW. never though that but u may right.
OK - that was the culprit ! So much for the service manual - doesn't say one thing about those contacts in the motor. Contact arm was missing the contact pad - must have vibrated off the arm. didn't find the contact pad either. Luckily I had a spare motor contact from which I grabbed another contact arm. This dryer was really close to going to the dumpster - spent way to much time on this ! These dryers are actually very nice dryers, quiet, easy to take apart, and seem well built. Just shows you how much documentation is the key to quality products. Consumers are throwing these Samsungs to the curb quite often - I see them a lot on craigslist. THANK YOU Bigbuck and Jake
Really wish you guys had some way to update the manufacturers on their mistakes.

Attachments

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent, good find AJ. (y)

For others that come across, they will need to replace the motor:
DC31-00055G Motor

There is a video in the motor part link to show you how to replace it.

Thanks bigbuck, you're a lifesaver!

Jake