• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

DV45K6200EW/A3 Samsung Dryer Belt Squeaking

Cbernad

Premium Member
Model Number
DV45K6200EW/A3
Brand
Samsung
This dryer is always a problem. It has been making a shrill squeak for a long time. I went through and pulled all the rollers and replaced them, which made me think I solved the problem. But the squeak is back and I believe it is the belt. I replaced the belt not that long ago. I have also had to replace the entire drum recently. Any ideas? Replace the belt again?

Thanks,
Cameron

Cbernad

Premium Member
And, I have replaced the idler pully more times than I can count as they kept breaking. I am told they are better now, and this one has been in there awhile. Maybe I should try that first?

thanks. We have a large family and I am afraid that we just use these appliances too much...

C

Cbernad

Premium Member
UPDATE: I went ahead and pulled it all apart. Replaced the idle arm and the belt because they are pretty cheap. No luck. I have no idea what is causing this. All rollers, idle arm, and belt are new or relatively new.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Cameron,

That's very strange, wait one thing you didn't replace yet is the motor, when the bearing goes bad on the motor it can make that shrill squeak sound.

Disconnect power to the dryer, then take the belt off the motor pulley and just turn the motor pulley both ways and see if it makes that sound, it turn smooth and make no sound.

Here's the motor for your model:
DC31-00055G Motor

There is a video in the motor part link to show you how to replace it if you need to.

Let us know what you find.

Jake

Cbernad

Premium Member
Yeah. I did that also. I even put the belt on motor and rotated it back and forth under “tension”. Quiet as a mouse.

The only thing it can be is one of the rollers. But I just can’t imagine that would be the case. It is worse with heavier loads, which would also make me think it is a roller.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
When you spin the rollers both ways do they spin smooth?

Here's the drum roller for your model(Your model takes 4 drum rollers, so I'd order 4 drum rollers(Video Included):
Drum Support Roller & Axle DC97-16782A

Jake