• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED DV48H7400EW/A2 Samsung Dryer CLG error and HE error

Status
Not open for further replies.

dirty_dirty

Premium Member
Model Number
DV48H7400EW/A2
Brand
Samsung
Hello, first time posting. I have a DV48H7400EW/A2 and I cannot seem to figure out a "CLG"/"HE" error.

I have tried replacing the thermistor, fuse, motor and control board. In each case, I still get the error. I have not replaced the heating element but its resistance measures good.

I have checked for lint blockage and the unit is completely clear. In fact I have disconnected the vent "pipe" going into the wall just to make sure it wasn't anything in the dryer vent line. Although I cleared that out with a special brush as well.

I have reset the breaker as well as powered off the dryer for more than 10 minutes to try and reset.

Any ideas before I scrap it?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
CLG--->If the duct system cannot exhaust properly--->https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062855/

HE--->Invalid heating Temp in running the dryer.
Check for :
- Restricted vent system.
- Check Thermistor resistance.

With no clothes in the dryer put it on AIR FLUFF/NO HEAT cycle and give it a few minutes then see if you have heat in the dryer drum, if so its possibly your heating element is grounded, meaning it gets hot all the time and never shuts off even when you set it to NO HEAT.

Have you cleaned all the lint from inside the dryer and inside the internal lint duct and blower wheel housing?

Jake

dirty_dirty

Premium Member
Hi Jake, thanks for the reply. Turns out the 220V wall receptacle had a bad contact. I should have checked power coming out of the wall first. There was only 1 leg of 110V and looking into receptacle I could see the contact was mashed open. Had a contractor doing some work in the room, maybe they tried putting the plug back incorrectly and did that. Not sure. But lesson learned, always check power first. Thanks again.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Glad to hear that's all it was.(y)

Thanks for the update!

Jake

William DP

Premium Member
CLG--->If the duct system cannot exhaust properly--->https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062855/

HE--->Invalid heating Temp in running the dryer.
Check for :
- Restricted vent system.
- Check Thermistor resistance.

With no clothes in the dryer put it on AIR FLUFF/NO HEAT cycle and give it a few minutes then see if you have heat in the dryer drum, if so its possibly your heating element is grounded, meaning it gets hot all the time and never shuts off even when you set it to NO HEAT.

Have you cleaned all the lint from inside the dryer and inside the internal lint duct and blower wheel housing?

Jake
Hi my parents dryer is the exact same model and they were having the same problem after I replaced the heating element assembly the thermostat and humidity sensor. It worked for a couple of days then they told me it stopped working and gave them an HE error. Took the dryer apart only to find out there was lint clogged in between the lint trap and the blower wheel. This had not been checked in 6 years. It works perfectly fine now.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Glad to hear that William, good job fixing it for them.(y)

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Thanks William.:)

Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.