• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED DV48H7400EW Samsung Dryer Will not Power On

chadjcraig

Premium Member
Model Number
DV48H7400EW
Brand
Samsung
I have a Samsung DV48H7400EW That will not turn on when the power button is pressed. I have checked the following:

• There is power coming from the outlet 240 (120 on each pole)
  • The door switch is working and shows minimum resistance (continuity)
  • There are no wires that look burned or broken
  • The control board does not have any visible black marks
  • The thermal fuse, terminal block and thermostat all have minimal resistance (continuity)

I don't know what else to check or how, but if someone could provide some ideas I would greatly appreciate it. The dryer worked the day before and then next day no power. At first I thought it was the breaker but that wasn't tripped which is why I tested the outlet and there is power like its supposed to have. I'm at a total loss.

Thanks

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Here's the parts diagram for your model: Samsung Dryer DV48H7400EW/A2-0000 / Repair Parts

So when you turn it on you're not getting any lights or anything? Like its dead? If so, and your power to the dryer is good, then it sounds like the control board went out.

Have you been having any electrical or power problems in your house or neighborhood recently?

Here's the control board for your model:
DC92-01626A Assy Pcb Main

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Also did you ohm test the thermal fuse on the blower wheel?

This model has two thermal fuses, one on the blower wheel, one on the heating element housing.

Jake

chadjcraig

Premium Member
I don't know if the neighborhood had power issues. This is the only device in my house that had a problem. I was thinking it was the control board since I couldn't find anything else, but yes it is completely dead as though the breaker was tripped.

I did not check the blower fuse before but I just did and that thermal fuse is not open either, still has continuity. However, the dryer thermister (to the left of it labeled 2-5 on the diagram) is open, but I don't know if that is supposed to be like that or not.

If the thermister is how it should be then I will order a new control board. Also just to be sure I even checked the Power button to make sure the plastic that physically pushed the switch on the board wasn't broken.

Thank you for your help!

Last edited:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
The thermistor won't ohm open or closed, its a temperature based resistance.

The thermistor should be approx 10,000 ohms at room temp.

Yes, I'd order and replace the control board.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Glad to help, let us know how it goes.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent Chad, glad to hear that.:)

Thanks for the update!

Jake

Thetopcst1

Hi Jake,
I have the same problem and I'm a little confused on the part number for the control panel. Is the part number DC92-01624C for the control panel I need.
Samsung Dryer Model DV48H7400EW.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Glad to help!

Jake

justinlee0

Guys>...... I have pretty much the same issue. Model DV45H7000EW/A2. Unit will not power on at all. No lights on display and no door light inside. I tested the circuit breaker and power cord where it attaches to the dryer, .... both tested good. I'm getting power to the unit via the cord. I thought the obvious and replaced all three thermal sensors (two on the heating element housing and one on the blower housing). I Ohmed the door switch and get continuity with it closed and opened (switching between the open/close poles). I thought the control board must be bad, however I'm getting about 12v from the control board wiring harness that extends to the control pane while i've got the control panel removed with the dryer plugged in. Does the mean that the control panel (electronic board behind the dials and buttons) that connects to the control board (under the control panel) is bad?? Just wanna make sure I order the correct part this time. Any help is very much appreciated. Thanks guys!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I'm attaching the tech data sheet below for this model.

Page 31 is the troubleshooting flowchart.

Page 42 tells you to check for 12 volts DC at the CN14 connector on the control panel, that comes from the main control board. If you get 12 volts there and its dead, then order the new control panel below.

Here's the control panel(SUB PBA) for your model:
DC92-01624E Assy Pcb SUB

Keep us posted.

Jake

Attachments