• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

DV48J7770EP/A2 Samsung Dryer not heating

HowlingOllie

Model Number
DV48J7770EP/A
Brand
Samsung
Hopefully someone can help me. I have model DV48J7770EP/A2. I've already replaced the thermal fuse/high limit thermostat once and it blew again. I tested all the thermostats plus the heater... the only one that didn't have continuity was the high limit thermostat again. It has a dual coil... when I inspected it, one coil is blacker than the other. Using my multi-meter, I got 13 ohms and 33 ohms. Should these be the same? Does the 33 ohm reading mean one coil is going bad?

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
I've already replaced the thermal fuse/high limit thermostat once and it blew again.
90% of the time this caused by a blocked vent or vent hose. If there's no airflow, the heat will pile up on the thermal fuse and thermostats. Check the airflow at the outside vent. If you have good airflow, remove the vent hose from the dryer and measure the temperature at the vent with the machine empty, on timed dry, and on high heat. If your meter can't measure temperature, a meat thermometer will work.

Samsung user

Premium Member
why does everyone say check the airflow to get to this spot the obvious has been checked also what if you have a basement laundry room all metal lines and religious maintenance following every dry session. NOT the airflow what else could it be?

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
why does everyone say check the airflow
Thermal fuse = Thermal - referring to heat. Fuse - an electrical safety device consisting of or including a wire or strip of fusible metal that melts and interrupts the circuit. Hold the palm of your hand 1" from a 100 Watt light bulb. Now blow across the palm of your hand. Get it?
all metal lines and religious maintenance following every dry session.
Air flow starts at the open end of the element and ends at the outside vent. You don't need to check the air flow, just buy a handful of thermal fuses in case it is blocked.
NOT the airflow what else could it be?
What's the temperature?

Wx4usa

Premium Member
If I had $100 for everyone that said my vents are clean, I just cleaned them and I went and removed a lint poodle.... I'd be a rich man.