• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

DV50K8600EV/A3-01 Samsung Dryer Intermittent Power Issues

bigblue135

Premium Member
Model Number
DV50K8600EV/A
Brand
Samsung
I am hopeful someone out there who knows more about appliance repair than I do can help me. I have a samsung dryer model DV50K8600EV/A3-01 that’s approximately 3 years old. For the past year it has been cutting off the cycle early, but my wife says she just follows up the cycle with a time dry to get everything completely dry.

The past couple days it has really had issues. You can power it on and as soon as you hit start you hear a click (I’m assuming a relay) and the thing powers off immediately. You immediately turn it back on, select your cycle, hit start and it will start up and run for a few minutes and then power off. It may run 2 minutes, 5 minutes, or 15 minutes but not long. Then you will hit the power button and nothing happens. This is intermittent.

I’m thinking possibly a control board issue? But it looks like there is more than one. I have checked voltage from the plug, which is good, and the dryer cord is good. Also confirmed there is no lint buildup. I have not yet started to tear into the dryer and test any components. Looking for a little guidance first as I’ve found conflicting information on my google search. Any assistance anyone can offer would be much appreciated.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Yes, this would be a motor problem. Seen this many times on my service calls.

Here's the motor for your model you can order:
DC31-00055G Motor

There is a video in the motor part link to show you how to replace it.

Jake

bigblue135

Premium Member
Thanks so much! I just want to confirm the motor can power off the control? And the power button won’t turn it back on? Light doesn’t come on when door opened either. Would be great the motor is a cheaper fix.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I just want to confirm the motor can power off the control? And the power button won’t turn it back on? Light doesn’t come on when door opened either.
Ok, that maybe the control board then. I have not run into that problem as of yet.

Yes, much more expensive, so its best to have Samsung come out to verify that before you spend $270 on a control board that may not fix it, you can't return it if it doesn't fix it.

Here's the control board for your model: DC92-01864B

Jake