• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

DV56H9000EP/A2 Samsung Dryer begin a cycle, within a second or two the machine would pause then start again a few minutes later only to stop again

davinV

Premium Member
Model Number
DV56H9000EP/A
Brand
Samsung
Unit would begin a cycle, within a second or two the machine would pause then start again a few minutes later only to stop again. This cycle would continue until the time "ran out". This behavior was present on timed as well as sensed drying cycles. After researching I tore the machine apart to test everything on the heating element which tested fine. Reassembled and had the same issue. Ordered a new controller board and replaced it, issue persisted. Tore it all apart again today and found another Thermistor that I had not noticed during first inspection (noted by the blue arrow in pic 3 which tests to be "open". WIll be ordering replacement part. I was going back in to look at the motor contacts others have had issues with when I noticed the other thermistor and thermal fuse on the back side of the exhaust piping post fan. Just wanted to share with everyone in hopes of saving someone else the headache I've had with just swapping out parts.

Pictures and videos attached.

Attachments

• Dryer1.jpg
    Dryer1.jpg
    535.9 KB · Views: 69
  • Dryer3.jpg
    Dryer3.jpg
    574.7 KB · Views: 71
  • Dryer 2.jpg
    Dryer 2.jpg
    469.4 KB · Views: 70

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

I saw your video and usually when your dryer does that its a bad motor.

Three members in this thread say the new motor fixed it for this same problem:

Here's the motor for your model you can order:
Drive Motor DC31-00055J

Here's the video to replace it:

Jake

davinV

Premium Member
Do you guys know the difference between the G & J revisions? RC is out of stock & there is a substantial price differences online between these two.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member