• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

DV56H9000EP Samsung Dryer, issues with dryer programs and timer jumping

Rs2160

Premium Member
Model Number
DV56H9000EP
Brand
Samsung
Hello All, First timer,

would like to know if anyone else has run into this problem with a Samsung dryer, first issue was the motor gave up had to replace it, after putting in a new motor a second issue developed, the programs will run for 2 minutes whether it is at 58 or 1 hour and 2 minute program and then jump to 1 minute left on the timer for cool down so the program runs a total of 3 minutes, if I use the time dry it will count down the full timer mode so 60, 50 40 minute depending what you set but runs right through no issues..

I have ohmed out all thermistor , thermostats and heater and all are within specs, I am at a loss other then replacing the main board I do hear a relay kick off just before the timer reads 1. so it is an assumption I am making,,, any help is appreciated

Rs2160

Premium Member
Hello Rick , thanks for the response, I think you may be correct on the main board, I have tried everything I can think of lightly sanded down the moisture sensor bars , did not help, ohmed out all parts that might affect the timer mode but did not help as everything fell within specs, so last resort is the main power board, shame really the dryer is only 4 years old, quality is not what it use to be, next time I have to spend this sort of money on a dryer to repair it I am buying a used dryer ..

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
It's not all that unusual for that part to fail. Control board failure is a common repair across manufactures.

Ryan Morrow

Hey Rs2160. Wondering what you ever did to fix your dryer, or if you just left it with the timed dry or got a new dryer entirely? thanks in advance