• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED DV56H9100EG/A2 Samsung Dryer - Te error code.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaman

Premium Member
Model Number
DV56H9100EG/A2
Brand
Samsung
Ok new to the dryer scene but I bought a cheap Samsung dryer Model DV56H9100EG/A2

I was told the the dryer just needed a thermistor since that is what the te code calls for, I replaced the thermistor but it still gave me the code I tested the thermistor and got about 12.5, which seems to be ok since the room with the dryer is alittle cold. After it still threw the code I tore it apart and tested continuity on everything down there it all works and I even replaced the heating element. I then followed the thermistor wires to the control board while looking for burns or cuts but found nothing. I'm totally out of ideas now was told it could be the control board but wanted to get some feed back before I order it! If anybody could chime in it would be awesome thanks!

I also cleaned the Lint filter aswell as took the vent off and checked inside all clean.

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member

Shaman

Premium Member
Are you talking about the pins on the board it self where the thermistor plugs in? I'f so I only got .010 from there.

Attachments

• 20210213_175237.jpg
    20210213_175237.jpg
    414.7 KB · Views: 12

rickgburton

Staff member
You're measuring the thermistor resistance not the board resistance. Measure the thermistor resistance in the connector. 238,230 Ω @ room temperature or 77°F. I believe it's a white wire and a yellow wire but I'm not positive as I don't have a wiring diagram for that model.

Shaman

Premium Member
Ok so my room is kinda cold but with the MM set to the 2m ohm setting I'm getting .374 on the white and yellow wire so about 374k I suppose.

Shaman

Premium Member
Ok I shall order that and let you know! Thanks for the help!

Last edited:

Shaman

Premium Member
When I check that wire for thermistor assy it has resistance on it does that matter? Or is it still bad no matter what? Sorry all the questions trying to learn.

Last edited:

rickgburton

Staff member
it has resistance on it does that matter?
I don't know what you're referring to. What kind of residue? Take a picture and post it here.

Shaman

Premium Member
I went ahead and just ordered it, I'll let you know if that fixed the problem! And sorry I wasn't talking about residue, I took that old thermistor assembly out of the dryer and was just messing around with that and the multi meter and seen that when I tested the connector with ohms there was resistance and wasn't sure if the meant anything I'm not big into electrical stuff lol

Last edited:

rickgburton

Staff member
The error code "tE" is a thermistor error. The resistance of the thermistor is either too high or too low. Samsung says to check for: Clogged lint screen. Restricted vent system or Check Thermistor resistance.
MM set to the 2m ohm setting
Set your meter on the 100K Ω scale. Check the thermistor you first replaced. Is it 10K Ω (10,000 Ω) @ room temp 77°F? The same resistance should be measured in the J7 connector on the board across the blue wire , pin 3 to the red wire pin 6.

Check the one you just replaced. Is it 238.231K Ω @ room temp 77°F Check it at the same connector on the board across pin 2, yellow wire and pin 7, white wire.

Shaman

Premium Member
Ok so my thermistor is reading about 12.5k but it's cold in the dryer room. When I measure the pins on the board for the blue and red wire I get about 11k. When I check the yellow wire and white wire on the connector I get 334k. To make sure I'm doing it right, the yellow and white wire I I get the reading from this thermistor connector, and the blue and red wire I get from the pins on the board itself?

Attachments

• 20210218_211833.jpg
    20210218_211833.jpg
    335.3 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

rickgburton

Staff member
No, take all measurements in the connector.
The same resistance should be measured in the J7 connector
How did you miss that ?......lol

Shaman

Premium Member
Lmao I'm not sure but now I feel dumb haha.. but I went back and reddid it all

Thermistor=12.5 to 13k
White and yellow wire= 334k
Blue and red wire= can't get any reading won't get off OL.

rickgburton

Staff member
Blue and red wire= can't get any reading won't get off OL.
I think we found the problem. It sounds like a break in the wires between the board and the thermistor you first replaced. Set your meter on the lowest Ω's setting RX1. Disconnect the connector on the thermistor and put one meter lead on the red wire in the connector and put the other lead on the red wire in the connector that connects to the board. Do the exact same thing for the blue wire. If your meter indicates 0, the wire is good. If it indicates 1 or OL the wire is broken. Follow that wire back until you find the break. Look for a pinched or almost broken wire. Common places to have a broken wire are where it goes through a cabinet, a splice where more than two wires are connected together, and wherever the wire bends around something. It can also be where the wire enters the connector.

Shaman

Premium Member
Ok ill pull the wiring harness apart tonight and look over it again, I guess I must have missed something when I first did it.

Status
Not open for further replies.