• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

DV56H9100EG/A2 Samsung Dryer Vent sensor light blinking

Shaman

Premium Member
Model Number
DV56H9100EG/A2
Brand
Samsung
I had a post awhile ago about this dryer and my thermistor, well we got that fixed. But the dryer now blinks vent sensor it still runs and drys the clothes but a tad bit slower. I pulled and cleaned the vent hose and the part going outside, I also took the vent off the dryer and ran it and the sensor light still came on but the air wasn't really hot blowing out the back (I'm not sure how hot it's suppose to be). Is there an actual sensor in the dryer? Or is there something I can check and see what's going on. Could the sensor be on if part of my heating element is burnt out?

Last edited:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Did you run this test Samsung said to do:
Yes, you can use a thermometer to take its temperature, With the dryer on high heat, the temperature inside the dryer should be between 120*F to 190*F. When you first start the dryer from a cold start it should get up to about 190*F, then the thermistor tells the heating element to turn OFF, and the temperature should drop to about 120*F. Then keep repeating that cycling process.

My multimeter reads temperature, it comes with a probe you put in the dryer door. Just open the dryer door and insert the probe, then close the door and run the dryer and watch the meter. Don't put the probe to far in or it will be hitting the drum as it turns.

Make sure NO CLOTHES are in the dryer when taking its temperature.:)

Jake

Shaman

Premium Member
Jake,
Yes I tried to perform that test but can't get my model to go into the testing phase. I did use my multimeter to check the temp it would get up to around 193 and then drop to 160 and back up and down.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
The temperature should drop down a lot further than 160 degrees, is that with the vent exhaust hose off the back of the dryer and NO CLOTHES in it?

Did you disassemble the dryer and clean all the lint from the inside out?

And also cleaned out the lint duct assembly where the lint filter sits in?

Did you remove the blower wheel and see if there is a lint clog on that too?

Watch this video to remove the lint duct assembly and to get access to the blower wheel:
Disconnect power to your dryer first!

Jake

Shaman

Premium Member
That's with those hose on the back and no clothes in it. I have not removed the blower motor but I will do that today and il make sure I clean very well down there while I have it all apart.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, sounds good, keep us posted.

Jake