• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

DV56H9100GG/A2 Samsung Dryer burnt smell/internal exhaust duct came loose.

JohnDS

Model Number
DV56H9100GG/A2
Brand
Samsung
Hello everyone. Lately my clothes have been coming out of the dryer with a burnt smell. I decided to clean the exhaust duct that goes from the dryer to the outside of house. After removing the exhaust from the back of the dryer, I looked inside the internal exhaust duct on the appliance and it was not connected properly where it attaches toward the front of appliance. I have attached a photo.

So i took off the small grey pan from the back bottom of the dryer that holds the duct in place, but there is no way to secure the duct properly back to where it came off...because its toward the front of the dryer. When I pulled the duct out, it has some black sticky stuff around the edge where it connect. I installed it back the best way I could by pushing and twisting, but its only a matter of time before it loosens up again.

1) So how do I get better access to where it connects, as I can't reach in there?

2) What type of material is the black stucky stuff? Can I use something else? Or what would be the best way to fix this?

3) I assume because the pipe was disconnected, lint was blowing around inside the bottom of the dryer and causing the smell. Correct me if I'm wrong with this assumption.

Thank you for the help.

Attachments

• 20210307_083753.jpg
    20210307_083753.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 15