• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

DVG45R6300 Samsung Dryer - Conversion from NG to LP

ZenicaPA

Premium Member
Model Number
DVG45R6300
Brand
Samsung
Hi,

I am trying to help my step father with his dryer. He had a 3 year old Samsung that started making noises. This was in January and it was proving impossible to get a serviceman out to his house. By February I purchased a new dryer for him but that dryer needs to be converted to LP from NG. The store would barely come into the house for the delivery and just like trying to get service on the prior unit, I am unable to get a serviceman to come to his house. I ordered the LPKIT-4 from Samsung and would do it myself if I had a service manual but Samsung doesn't have it on the support page and when I call them, they keep trying to push me into having a professional do it, completely ignoring me when I tell them---I have tried getting a pro out to his house....none will come.

I believe I can handle the install of the kit if I can get access to the gas valve. Does anyone here have experience with this model dryer? do I access it through the bottom, or by removing the one piece side wrap around.

If anyone happens to have the manual that Samsung guards like fort knox, I'd be eternally grateful.

He's been air drying clothes for 8 months since the prior dryer failed completely and this useless dryer has been sitting in his house with the plastic still on it. He has visiting nurses that give me a tough time every week so I'd really like to have this resolved!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I could not locate the service manual for this model.

Here's the instructions this kit came with: https://image-us.samsung.com/Samsun...e-appliances/dryers/gas-dryer/LP_Kit-4XAA.pdf

But it doesn't tell you how to disassemble the dryer. This model seems a bit different then previous models.

You'll just need to keep calling Samsung to come out, or go back to the store you bought it at and ask them who they recommend to come out and do it for you.

Jake

ZenicaPA

Premium Member
Samsung now wants me to pay for a manual telling me how to open it. On principle that annoys me, it isn't a large sum but for the aggravation and time lost because they didn't mention this months ago is enough to not pay them for it.
I reached out to a local shop since a company as big as Samsung has but one service supplier for an area of 350 miles encompassing NJ and PA. Even when I put in a zip code for one of the most densely packed areas on NJ, it showed two.
I wish I had looked this up prior to buying so many Samsung appliances.

Thank you for trying. It is appreciated.