• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED DW7933LRABB/AA Samsung Dishwasher not draining, "Quick+" flashing

Status
Not open for further replies.

ecoboost_xsport

Premium Member
Model Number
DW7933LRABB/A
Brand
Samsung
Recently started getting this error. Washer starts as normal, then after some time it beeps and flashes this error. All the research I've done points to a drain error. I've confirmed this as nothing comes out the drain tube.

Some of the steps I've done:
- Cycled the power by unplugging for a while.
- Checked all hoses and ensured all were clear of debris or blockages
- Took apart the internal parts and cleaned everything down to the drain port.
- The rubber flap "check valve" was distorted so I bought a new one and replaced it.
- Purchased a new drain pump (Samsung product) and installed it.
- Removed the level/temp sensor (connected to the bottom of the brake case) and cleaned it out

None of these steps are working. Am I correct that this is a drain issue? I have seen some stuff of the internet saying the Quick" flashing could be a thermistor issue. I have not changed it, but the manual for my product even says that a flashing "Quick+" is a drain error.

When I run the unit, it seems that it fails when it gets to the part where it's supposed to start draining, but not sure. It's about 6 or 7 minutes into a "Quick" cycle when I test run it.

We've had the unit for about 7 years now.

Thanks in advance.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, on your model Quick+ Flashing--->Drain Error--->When OFF status of low level switch is not detected within 3 minutes during the drain.

Possible defect--->Drain Pump, Water Level Sensor, Main PBA

I'm attaching the service manual below, look on Page 50 where it says QUICK+ LED(DW7933)

So since you already replaced the Drain Pump, then its either the Low Water Sensor or Main PBA.

Here's the Water Level Sensor for your model:
DD94-01006A Assy-Case SENSOR

Here's the Main PBA for your model:
DD92-00033A Assy Pcb Main

Let us know what you find.

Jake

Attachments

• Samsung-Dishwasher-Service-Manual_DMT800_610_400_350_7933_DW80F800_600_v05_20130515(1).pdf
    3.7 MB · Views: 38

ecoboost_xsport

Premium Member
Awesome, it's a step in the right direction. I've cleaned out that low water sensor but I guess I could test it to see if it's switching. I'll hook my fluke up to it. Any wiring diagrams?

I'd like to see if I can rule out one of those components so I'm not just throwing parts at it.

Thank you again and Merry Christmas.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Any wiring diagrams?
Nope, that service manual is all I could locate.

The service manual also says first check the LOW LEVEL WATER ERROR on page 51.

So, you just got those 2 parts that can only be the culprit.

Jake

ecoboost_xsport

Premium Member
So I ordered both the Main PBA as well as the sensor. I got the Main PBA in today and just waiting for the sensor. Installed the board, but it doesn't seem to resolve the issue either, so fingers crossed it's the level sensor.

However, even though the dishwasher seems to run normal up to the point of alarm, it does so with this loud chatter almost like a relay chatters when its failing, sound seems to come from behind the box where the 120V power cord ties into the dishwasher (where the wire-nuts are at). For the life of me, I don't remember it making this noise, but maybe it's just because I have it pulled out and I'm just more "in-tune" with the noises the thing is making. But it makes that sound all the way through to the point it starts flashing the error. Is there some sort of relay or transformer (that's not on the PBA) that makes this noise and may be failing?

Still waiting on the level sensor so maybe that's it, but just troubleshooting while I wait for it.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, the new Water Level Sensor should fix it. Let us know.

Jake

ecoboost_xsport

Premium Member
So I just got the level sensor in, installed it and its a no go...

Same problem. I'm pulling my hair out....WTF is wrong with this thing? Brande new pump, brand new PBA and brand new level sensor...all Samsung parts and I'm into this repair almost $400....

ecoboost_xsport

Premium Member
Good afternoon @Jake , got any more words of wisdom for me on this. It's a bit of a head scratcher...not sure what else to do at this point and I'm into repairs pretty deep...thank you again for any assistance on this, btw.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
That noise sounds like the drain pump.

Remove the electrical connector to the drain pump and see if that noise is still present.

You said you replace the drain pump, where did you buy it at?

Here's the drain pump for your model:
DD31-00005A Drain Pump

Video included in part link.

Jake

ecoboost_xsport

Premium Member
It was an official Samsung part from a reputable eBay seller. That's the pump I got that you are showing. I even bench tested the old one when I replaced the new one and the old one worked fine, so that's what sent me down the rabbit hole of parts replacement...I guess I can try and put the old one back in to see if that works...

Funny, that video is the one I watched to understand how to replace the pump back when I started this journey, LOL.

ecoboost_xsport

Premium Member
So as I was taking it apart, I also wanted to look at the output hose one more time to see if there was something I missed that might be an actual blockage. I took off the gray ribbed hose that is the output from the pump to the side case. The short grey one. And inside it I found this black rubber disc stuffed down into it blocking it completely. Its not the rubber flap disc from where the heating element is at as that wasn't missing. However, I am wondering if this short hose has this flap as a sort of check valve? If so, it wasn't in the right place as it was about 6 or 7 inches into the hose just laying in there. It looks like it should be closer to the end of the hose.

y4mkeAAG3qUy0rG4J-nBvMHk2RpuBWKLifZ1HHjd12o6t6T2epUe_9mT8tbbUXHbCHxivLc8eb2Qg4ECjOQkmZcFstpOG05r21Pj_JsLAGeV6G8pM7FC14F6WEqE4xYLr_wL_hzaAJvMm87eeKUaa1-BdbiizHF3VJdkTRdTM6rR7ksuKwUp0vp17XVWnSZfDDQ

y4m2tOBlwy6BfyrFj2yXehrx4vIwkFENWvdjrTvjQWZOe3j4x0phIbjQXlfJQB6peOzkjJQfRrHOyBY-I4o6aEGULGjC9PP2a94Fkk1bL_1vN0SgyyYBG_g_JBCi-53zfFpp1mHyov8wdrz6l6ehRG1lETFxYsVG3WBK9GXvxfWFQCEu0HKyX4sMpqnKL0NdjLK

If this is my problem, what is the new hose I need and for the time being, can I use this without that rubber flap just to see if it actually starts working?

If it's not supposed to be in there, where did that come from? The piece below wasn't missing (though I bought it new as it looked to be in bad shape):

Last edited:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Looks like you may have found the problem.

This the drain-in hose for your model:
Drain Hose, In DD67-00058A

Looks like that check valve goes into the sump:
Check Valve DD66-00045A

When you click the check valve part link you will see a video of where it goes.

Jake

ecoboost_xsport

Premium Member
I appreciate the links and you may be right. But as I mentioned above, that rubber check valve flap goes into a slot in the low area near the heating element, or sump, as you put it and was not missing. I did replace it anyway though. So that begs the question, where did that other rubber disc come from?

Is there another rubber check valve as part of that drain hose and if so, since I pulled it out, can I attempt to use the dishwasher without that second check valve for the time being (while I wait for a new one to show up)? If it doesn't have a second check valve, why would I need to order a new one? The hose is fine otherwise.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
So that begs the question, where did that other rubber disc come from?
Is there another rubber check valve as part of that drain hose and if so, since I pulled it out, can I attempt to use the dishwasher without that second check valve for the time being (while I wait for a new one to show up)? If it doesn't have a second check valve, why would I need to order a new one? The hose is fine otherwise.
I wish I knew the answer to those questions, but I don't, sorry.

I rarely work on Samsung products, I'm just going by the service manual, same as you.:)

Jake

ecoboost_xsport

Premium Member
Well, got it running with the new hose. Seems like I replaced a lot of unnecessary parts, but I guess that's how it goes. But now I have a new issue...it leaks like crazy from the door seal.

But since I had the dishwasher apart, I had decided to also replace the tub seal that goes around the opening of the washer and seals against the door as the old one had some tears in it (but never leaked, I was just being preemptive).

This is the part I bought, which is the correct part:

Anyway, it's a legit Samsung part, but when I got it, it was about 3 inches shorter than the one I took off the unit. When installed, it doesn't have very much, if any, that hangs kind of "wild" at each end. Anyway, I didn't think much of it, threw the old one away and since it took so long to get the other issue fixed, the leak never manifested until much later when I could finally get the dishwasher to work. So I no longer have the old one. But it leaks TONS of water now at the bottom of each corner.

Here's a photo of one corner where it fills up then spills out onto the floor. I took the front face off of the dishwasher door to expose this.

y4mhcgQyZub55EafXZWcbjIN-a4IBV3h5F-4hMqTKo_BbsAVkjhPoWi7FOW3huH0BCAUODhHiKdkzMaM_gOwiU3KtucCFn71ABVMpSH4LkEuyppTcrZLxD-VpcL-PhPXULCUOeC-Om6odoCf_jiGF5B3RB7ufKXtDcBtQPReE1rIQu-rg2-K4SeLHOzfe8R7m-b

I mean, the seal isn't rocket science to install, so I can't imagine what I'm doing wrong. The only difference is, it was a bit shorter and didn't have as much overhang as the old one and maybe those corners need that? Not sure, but the part I got was the correct part number, it's official Samsung parts from a legitimate parts reseller. And it perfectly matched the shape of the old seal...just not quite as long...

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Glad to hear the new hose fixed it.(y)

Like I mentioned, I have no training or work experience with Samsung dishwashers, but I did locate a video of how to replace the door seal.

Click the part link to the door seal below and you will see the door seal part and the video to install it:

Jake

ecoboost_xsport

Premium Member
Well problem solved...Thanks @Jake

Looks like the secret was putting the seal in hot water for about 15 minutes. It's amazing how much the seal grew in length when doing that. Then, after install, I let the door stay shut overnight to form a better seal.

Another tip, I used a sharpie to mark the center of the seal before I put it in the hot water. When I began install, I started from the center using the latch as a reference. Then pulled with some gentle force to ensure it was stretching just enough.

All this and no leaks. And the drain works great. I replaced parts I didn't need to but, oh well. Better than buying a new unit. This one is back up to 100%

Thanks again for all the assistance here!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent, good job.(y)

Paying it Forward is ALWAYS good Karma.:)

Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.