DW7933LRABB Samsung DW Error Code Heavy + Smart Auto

amorican

Premium Member
Model Number
DW7933LRABB
Brand
Samsung
so, it starts to fill up with water like normal, after about 4 or 5 mins, it beeps a few times and flashes the Heavy and Smart/Auto lights, then drains.
it's getting water. and, well, draining properly too.

the manual says this error is a 'Button Error'
the solution description says it's a "Functional Error. Turn off the dishwasher and try to start it again. (really? cuz i hadn't thought of that yet :wall: ) If problem continues, contact Samsung service center"

i've looked online and can't seem to find out what a 'button error' even is, let alone a fix.

any ideas??

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

I'm attaching the service manual below.

Button Error: When button is pushed continuously for over 30 seconds. To check: Sub PBA in control panel, main PBA.

So basically it sounds like a stuck button.

Here's the parts diagram for the control panel: Parts for Samsung DW7933LRABB/AA-0001: Door Assy Parts

Jake

Attachments

amorican

Premium Member
thanks for the reply!

so, this Button Error thing sounds like computer boards need to be replaced?

but....

further in the manual, on page 55, it also says the Heavy + Auto Smart is Over-level water error with a list of five Checking Methods and Corrective Actions.

i'm at a loss here, not sure where to start. and can't afford to just start buying parts hoping it's the right fix

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
so, this Button Error thing sounds like computer boards need to be replaced?
That's what it sounds like to me.

further in the manual, on page 55, it also says the Heavy + Auto Smart is Over-level water error with a list of five Checking Methods and Corrective Actions.
I'll ask Wild, he's more versed in Samsung products than I am.

Jake

wildimaginations

Appliance Tech
You have an over flow sensor that's detecting high water levels. It's located on the left side the of the dishwasher. Usually, there is a lot of grease buildup inside the sensor and it will gum it up. Usually caused by either improperly set water temperature at the water heater (needs to be 120°F or higher), or you didn't make sure that you had hot water at the faucet before starting the dishwasher.

Usually the problem can be resolved by just taking out the overflow casing (location #9) and rinsing it out with hot water. If after cleaning and reinstallation of the case sensor doesn't resolve the issue, check the wiring harness to make sure there are no breaks in the line.

Hope this helps.

amorican

Premium Member
Thanks!

can you tell me what you are referencing when you say "(location #9)"?

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Hi,

Most we see are gunked up inside and we have to replace that...

Temperature-Sensor-DD94-01006A--01548530.jpg LINK> Sensor case assembly

...a lot of times the d/w fills and instead of washing goes directly into a drain out when we find this gunked up.

jeff.

Bob NY

Premium Member
so, it starts to fill up with water like normal, after about 4 or 5 mins, it beeps a few times and flashes the Heavy and Smart/Auto lights, then drains.
it's getting water. and, well, draining properly too.

the manual says this error is a 'Button Error'
the solution description says it's a "Functional Error. Turn off the dishwasher and try to start it again. (really? cuz i hadn't thought of that yet :wall: ) If problem continues, contact Samsung service center"

i've looked online and can't seem to find out what a 'button error' even is, let alone a fix.

any ideas??
Ok I seem to be having this same problem My dish washer is just over 2 years old when i started getting the same code Called samsung and well the wanted me to purchase an extended Warranty for $288 plus tax I said no way this is crazy in my opinion This dish washer has been hardly used with just 2 people living at home the only time we use a dishwasher is if we have company for dinner which isn't very often. i have checked the reply s here and nothing seems to fit into my problem my question is if I need to replace the control board which board is it there is one on the door behind the controls and another in the front bottom ? any help is appreciated

amorican

Premium Member
Ok I seem to be having this same problem My dish washer is just over 2 years old when i started getting the same code Called samsung and well the wanted me to purchase an extended Warranty for $288 plus tax I said no way this is crazy in my opinion This dish washer has been hardly used with just 2 people living at home the only time we use a dishwasher is if we have company for dinner which isn't very often. i have checked the reply s here and nothing seems to fit into my problem my question is if I need to replace the control board which board is it there is one on the door behind the controls and another in the front bottom ? any help is appreciated
unfortunately, i can offer you no help. i tried all the parts, nothing fixed it. ended up returning the parts.
although, i am happy to report i have solved my issue:
i got a really nice maytag DW. :biggrin-new:

good bye, samsung. never again.

jeff1

Staff member
Bob NY,

my question is if I need to replace the control board which board is it there is one on the door behind the controls and another in the front bottom ?
No model# mentioned.
Also check for any version #'s.

I seem to be having this same problem
Which is?

jeff.

Bob NY

Premium Member
Model # DW7933LRAWW

it's getting water. and, well, draining properly too. this shows a over-level water error in the manual

jeff1

Staff member

FannySL

Hi !

Same problem here, and I'll never buy samsung appliances again ... first it was the stove, now the dishwasher, and after only 3 years . Nobody here can repair it except one place which cost a lot and overcharge parts :p

So, we changed the Dishwasher flow sensor already, but the error code still happens. We were able to run almost a complete cycle the second time we tried, but didnt make it to the end, the heavy + smart auto lights started blinking.

Is the main control board the next step or is there another part that could be faulty ? Do you have any idea what could be wrong ?

Thanks ! :)

tvsmash

I know this is an old thread, but I had the same issue and found out it was a clogged hose leading to the sump. This video walks you through it.

[video=youtube_share;V04PvdyWVTM]https://youtu.be/V04PvdyWVTM[/video]

Good luck.

Igottafixthisthing

Premium Member
HELP. I have this code. My husband replaced the the sensor and the body that has the float in it. I also found that the discharge outlet was in a bind (too much junk under the sink). Removed the kink replaced the collapsed section of hose....water flows out freely. Still have the code. Called samsung no help. I actually got further on my own than they could get me. Yikes! Their advice to turn it off for 10 minutes....Me: Dude its been off for a freaking month! I, like NY Bob have only 2 people who rarely used this thing.... not enough miles on the ole odometer for these kind of problems.

Last edited:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Do you have this exact same model number DW7933LRABB? The model tag should be inside the door on the tub frame.

Jake

Igottafixthisthing

Premium Member
Yes. Just for some background on this problem. The sink became plugged about a week prior. The sink does have a disposal but the dishwasher does not empty into the disposal. It empties down line. (past). How I found the sink clog the dishwasher went to its code and I noticed the sink had not drained.(or actually) probably back flushed. I used draino, dawn and hot water to get rid of the clog. It dissolved easily. However over the next 2 weeks I noticed the dishwasher would be flashing and would need to be re ran, hadnt cycled. After about two weeks of an occasional not run maybe 2 out 5 times, It began this code and would not cycle at all. My husband replaced the water panel, and the case sensor assembly (the parts did look gunky/lime/calcium). Still had the same issue. I then got online and found that it most likely is a water restriction, so I found the outlet hose had kink in it from positioning. I cut the line and replaced it. Still same issue. I see that it also can be the sub or main board. I also see this is an ongoing problem with this model. My husband also cleaned the pump assembly out. The discharge flow is strong, I do not believe there is a blockage. It may just be coincidence that the sink was plugged prior to the issue.

Last edited:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes these Samsung Dishwashers have been problematic much more than other brands.

Its possible the control board is the problem since you already replaced the parts that should fix this error code.

You can order it from Jeff's link to it above and see if that fixes it, if not you can return it for a full refund, less shipping.

Other than that I don't know what else it could be either.

If your done replacing parts and done with this machine, then getting a Whirlpool or Maytag dishwasher would be your best bet, they are very reliable and never have problems like the Samsung models.

I own a Maytag Dishwasher myself and not a single problem going on 5 years now.

Jake