• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED DW80F600UTS fills, then drains, then fills and washes normally

Quinten

Premium Member
Model Number
DW80F600UTS
Brand
Samsung
When started, the drain pump runs for 30 seconds or so, then fills with water but rather than start washing it immediately drains and the drain pump remains running for about 90 seconds after the water is emptied. Once the drain stops it fills with water again and then starts washing and the cycle completes normally. A few things I've noticed were that the initial water fill doesn't take as long as the second water fill where the washing starts and that the drain cycle after the first fill seems to be excessively long (up to 2 minutes).

There was a problem with the drain pump becoming quite noisy and I could here something rattling when it was operating. Bought a new pump but had the same issues so when I swapped the old pump back in a small blue plastic rod (about 1" long) came out of the pump opening... replaced the pump and it was quiet and seemed to be working normally. I have no idea what that piece was and thought it somehow made it through the drain but now am wondering if it is a broken part?

I see a solution to a similar issue is the temperature sensor/case sensor but was hoping someone here may have some insight?

Quinten

Premium Member
Thanks for the info... The water inlet and sensor chamber seems like the culprit from what I was able to find and will be what I'll try first. I'm wondering if the piece I found in the drain pump area was a part from the sensor chamber... maybe it was some sort of float rod or? I'll post back what I find out... Thanks again!

Quinten

Premium Member
Replaced the water inlet and sensor chamber as well as the gasket for the inlet opening and that has fixed the problem. I did notice there was some type of sludge/gunk buildup on the water inlet connection which most likely was the culprit. Probably could have cleaned it out and would have been fine as I could see it was also on the sensor in that chamber.

Thanks for your info and help getting this dishwasher fixed.