• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

DW80H9930US Samsung Dishwasher - WaterWall sensor question

boybiskit

Premium Member
Model Number
DW80H9930US
Brand
Samsung
I have a DW80H9930US which is not washing well on the bottom rack. The WaterWall vane is not returning to the back of the machine at the end of the cycle. There is nothing blocking the track, and I know it can move - if I move the vane to the back before the cycle, it returns to the front during the cycle.

The most common issue with these seems to be the magnet in the vane deteriorating over time, but there is no magnet in the vane. I checked the part number foe the vane -DD97-00206B - and from looking at pictures online, it appears this model is not fitted with a magnet.

My question is: if there is no magnet in the vane, how does the sensor 'see' the vane; also - what's the best first thing to check before I go looking at new sensors etc?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I'm not familiar with Samsung Dishwashers, but I did locate the service manual, I'm attaching it below.

Page 62 tells you how to check the vane:
Assy VANE

Let us know how it goes.

Jake

Attachments

• DW80J99 DW80J75 Samsung Service-Manual.pdf
    2 MB · Views: 77

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, sounds good.

Jake

the.dish.king

Premium Member
I've worked a lot on Waterwall dishwashers. There is no magnet-at least in the ones that are a couple years old-that I know of. There is a hall sensor located just above the AC motor that drives the reflector bar. As far as I can tell, when it begins a cycle, it returns to home position, and can tell when it has reached home when the hall sensor detects that the AC motor can no longer move the bar. It gets a soft landing because the home position involves the bar tilting up. Maybe the sensor can detect the AC motor getting a bit more resistance from the bar.