• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

DW80H9970US Samsung Dishwasher cycle not starting

krzysiek930

Premium Member
Model Number
DW80H9970US
Brand
Samsung
Losing my mind on this one. I have a 6-year-old chef collection dishwasher that is driving me nuts.

It started with drain issue (5C or SC code) and after taking the drain pump out, I found a piece of glass that chewed up the sump cup pretty good. Cleaned it out, made sure that there are no other pieces in the cup, made sure that drain hose is clear (blew into it and there is no obstructions), put it back together and it would not cycle. After couple of attempts I bought new drain pump thinking that maybe it broke or burned when the glass got caught in it. That did not help.

Now when i pushed start and closed the door it would make a low grinding noise for about 1 sec then nothing than again 1 sec grinding and so on for about 5 cycles and then 5C code again. I out my phone inside and recorded the video and it showed that waterwall is moving about an inch and stops and then again, an inch and so on. Looked up the net and found out about infamous broken white plastic inside the waterwall motor. Replaced that and nothing. Same thing. Cycle will not start but now it is quiet.

I did attempt to run diagnostic cycle (Power on, Left, Right) and I am getting C1 fault code after about 4 second of diagnostics. I can't find anything on C1 fault. Please help. Damn thing is still looking really good and we have whole set of them so it's not even a good option to buy new one.

Beside all of the things mentioned here I did take all hoses apart including circulation pump and cleaned them out so there is no debris in the system. I'm thinking about inverter board but it's another $100 on top of $150 already spent. Please advise.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Look here:

So based on that the problem it is still the draining issue.

You did buy the drain pump from a reputable source? Not on amazon or ebay?

RepairClinic only sells OEM parts and are very reliable.

Here's the drain pump for your model:

Jake

krzysiek930

Premium Member
Just replaced PCB Inverter board and same results. Not starting. Waterwall moves like an inch, drain pump does not even try to kick in and it stops after 5 6 attempts and shows 5S fault. When I run diagnostic cycle, it stops after like 3 secs and shows C1 fault. Agh....

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I have no clue, sorry. You have a very odd situation that I can't help you with just on this forum.

You will need to contact Samsung to come out at 1-800-SAMSUNG (726-7864) to see what's going on.

Jake