• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

DW80K7050UG Samsung dishwasher won't power on

Model Number
DW80K7050UG
Brand
Samsung
I have a Samsung DW80K7050UG that is just over a year old that suddenly won't power on. I have left the circuit breaker off overnight with no effect. Very little info on the internet for this problem that I can find. I'm trying to determine if I should replace the Main Control Board or the Control Panel. When I place my non-contact voltage tester at the power button, it indicates there is voltage there. It does not appear that this model has a thermal fuse? Any thoughts appreciated...

Fishman76

Premium Member
I have the same model and situation. Anyone have any experience with this? Bob, were you able to get yours solved? thanks.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Apparently they have been having problems with the control panel circuit board, open your control panel and see if that board is corrupted or burnt.

Here it is for your model:
DD82-01338A Assy-Pcb TOUCH

Look here:

Jake

Fishman76

Premium Member
Interesting, I removed my control panel and it is all one piece with the board molded into it somehow. Not sue one could remove the old board and add a new one.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I located the service manual that shows you how on pages 12 and 13.

I'm attaching it below.

Let us know what you find.

Jake

Attachments

dirtydeeds

Premium Member
We have the DW80K7050US Samsung and it does not start sometimes when hitting the start button just keeps on flashing the cycle time. After waiting and trying again it has been working but seems to be getting worse, I assume this is the same issue discussed above and control panel needs replaced? Is the above part number (DD82-01338A)for my model? Is the recommendation to do this fix or cut our losses and get a new dishwasher?

Last edited:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, you model uses the exact same one I posted the link to in post #3.

Since I'm not a Samsung dishwasher fan, I'd say buy a new dishwasher, preferably Maytag.

As I've said throughout the years here, Samsung makes great smartphones and TV's but not home appliances. Maytag is still much more dependable at home appliances because that's all they make.:)

Jake