FIXED DW80M9550UG Samsung Dishwasher Blinking Time Left

RobC100

Premium Member
Model Number
DW80M9550UG
Brand
Samsung
I installed a Samsung WaterWall Dishwasher (Model DW80M9550UG/AA) about a year ago. It ran fine until the past month or two where it began to stop in the middle of the cycle and the "Time Left" number would blink. It happens during most cycles now and at (somewhat) random times.

I can usually make it continue by simply touching the START button but it will usually stop again in a few minutes. (For example, the previous time it stopped at a time remaining of 1:34, 1:20, :38 and :37, and the last time it stopped at :38, :32, :32 and :31). Sometimes it will eventually finish the cycle and other times I end up having to touch "Cancel/Drain" (the bottom has always had water in it whenever I chose to open it when this happened).

I completely disassembled the drain and found NO debris at all. It does seem to drain fine. Since this error message is not listed in the User Manual, I called Samsung Support. The technician told me that the blinking meant it was out of rinse aid. We refilled it, but it still continues to act up. (Actually there is a separate icon that lights up when the rinse aid is empty, but it was not on). I will be calling them in the next few days, but wanted to get others' opinions.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Rob,

I rarely work on Samsung models, they are not popular in my area.

It sounds like possibly a door latch problem, because on other models I work on if the door is not closing tight that door latch will not work properly, thus it will stop in the middle of a cycle and flash the time left till the door is closed tight then you press start.

Here's the parts list for this model: Samsung Dishwasher Model DW80M9550UG/AA-0000 Parts

Here's the service manual for this model: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1SPqHLOBj7IjRUsOdDvchXpW577gOy85Y

Jake

RobC100

Premium Member
Thanks, Jake. The links were very helpful.

I took your advice and looked at the door. It seemed to close solidly, but I did make some minor adjustments as there was a section of folded-over sealing strip and some slight binding of the door on one side. I ran the unit again last night and it completed the cycle without stopping! So I ran it again this morning (empty on self-clean cycle) and again, it ran a full cycle. Looks like that took care of it! Thank you.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent Rob, glad to hear that's all it was.:)

Thanks for the update!

Jake