• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

DW80M9550US/AA Samsung Dishwasher will not run

Jayhawk714

Premium Member
Model Number
DW80M9550US
Brand
Samsung
When I came home yesterday my dishwasher had stopped working with about 14 minutes left. There was a litte water in the bottom which I removed. I checked and cleaned the filter and also removed the pump cover and founded no blockage. The manual said to also check the impeller for any damage/ debris. Should the impeller turn freely? Mine will not turn by using my finger to rotate it for inspection. When I turn the washer on the time remaining light is displayed with an * behind it. Not sure what the * is for. There is a there is a light buzzing sound for about 2-3 seconds then turns off. It keeps doing that about every 10 seconds It almost sounds like the pump might be trying to start, but that is only my guess. Then another sound, which is hard to hear, starts and goes for a few seconds. This one almost sounds like water is trying to turn on, but again, thats just a guess.
Any ideas???

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Here's the parts diagram for your model:

What happened last year with it from your thread here:
What part did you replace to fix it last year?

I don't have any experience working on Samsung dishwashers, but I did locate your service manual and the troubleshooting section starts on page 33, I'm attaching it below.

Let us know what you find.

Jake

Attachments

Jayhawk714

Premium Member
There is a control board behind the inside door cover. There is also another one behind the kick plate. I replaced one of them. Sorry I don't remember which one but I want to say the one behind the kick plate. My problem then was there was no power to the touch pad at all. This time the touch pad works but the machine will not start. Like I said in my first post it sounds like it wants to start fro a few seconds then stops.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Search your email and find the receipt for that board you ordered and replaced last year and post the part number on it here.

Jake