• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED DW80M9550US/AC Error 7C

jwarren

Premium Member
Model Number
DW80M9550US
Brand
Samsung
I'm getting error 7C when I do the diagnostic.
I've taken the motor apart and fixed the broken insert inside like I found in a youtube video and the motor seems fine now. I put a rare earth magnet under the waterwall like in another video.

Now I'm still getting the 7C error if the dishwasher starts the diagnostic with the waterwall in home position but if I move the waterwall to the front it will work fine but only once. Is my sensor gone?

jwarren

Premium Member
Sorry I intended to come back and edit that last post as it was poorly worded but I was too slow.

I'm getting error 7C when I do the diagnostic.

• I've taken the motor apart and fixed the broken plastic white piece inside the magnet that connects to the gear drive like I found in a youtube video. I checked both coils and they are within spec at 1.72kΩ each.
  • I've attempted to check the sensor voltage but I don't understand the service manual wording about using n5 service test mode. (isnt this mode just to turn dry+ on/off?)
  • I replaced the magnet with a rare earth magnet under the waterwall like in another video.
Now I'm still getting the 7C error if the dishwasher starts the diagnostic with the waterwall in home position. If I move the waterwall to the front of the tub it will complete the diagnostic with no issues but it won't operate the waterwall during a wash cycle. If I run a cycle with the door open I can see that when it begins the waterwall tries to continue towards the back from home positon, hitting the stop and grinding until error. When it reaches the front of the dishwasher it hits the stop and grinds for a moment as well before coming back to the home position.

Does this sound like the sensor is gone?

I've attached the service manual that I'm working from.

Attachments

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

I haven't worked on any Samsung dishwashers, but I did locate a thread for this ERROR 7C here:
Post #14 through Post #19 they both said the sensor fixed it.

Usually it's the water wall drive motor or the sensor that causes this ERROR 7C.

Jake