• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

DW80N3030US Samsung Dishwasher Drains at the beginning of the cycle but not at the end

Guido13

Premium Member
Model Number
DW80N3030US
Brand
Samsung
Hello all, I can't get my dishwasher to drain at the end of the cycle, I can hear it draining the initial swamp water out of the bucket at the start but it freezes up and gives me an error code mid-cycle.

I have tested the operation with the hose not connected to the disposal and it drains properly, I then plumbed it directly to the drain (without an air gap because I'm not 100% sure what I'm doing) and it again refused to drain.

I am hoping this is just a matter of me not having the hose properly run to the drain but I just can't seem to get it to go. I'm running it right now to get the error code again. Any thoughts?

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Hi,

DW80N3030US

I found DW80N3030US/AA-00

Intermittent issues are the worst.
Drain pump quitting, something floating around in one of the drain hoses acting like a check valve, no power to the drain pump pump 1/2 way though the cycle, something floating in the pump assembly near the pump entrance would be prime suspects.
Would have to be investigated.
All hose removed and flushed.
Power tested to the drain pump when the d/w quits draining.
Sump flushed out.

If needed:

No pic LINK> Drain pump

1809072P-00004.png

jeff.

Guido13

Premium Member
Heavy and Express 60 are flashing as the warning, which is an indication that the water isn't heating up properly, I misinterpreted the issue as a pump issue. The book indicates that heater isn't working, the temperature detector or the main PBA... Any suggestions on what I should start with?

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
So it has nothing to do with draining.

Heavy and Express 60 are flashing

A copy:
Heavy and Express 60
This means that the dishwasher is unable to heat.

Only things i can think of is to ohm the heater. Check your incoming water temp ( 120ºF to 140ºF is normal ).

jeff.