FIXED E23CS78HPS3 Electrolux SxS stopped cooling

rhino942

Premium Member
Model Number
E23CS78HPS3
Brand
Electrolux
I'm back 6 months later with a new challenge with my Electrolux Icon E23CS78HPS3 refrigerator. Last night I opened the refrigerator side and the lights did not come on. The last time ( https://www.applianceblog.com/mainforums/threads/64527-E23CS78HPS3-refrigerator-lights-and-control-panel-stopped-working?p=323030#post323030 ), it was the magnetic reed switch sticking open. I was able to free it using another magnet and it worked fine up to now. Today the freezer lights and freezer door controls lights light, refrigerator side is dark, and no cooling of any kind. What's my next replacement part? Thanks.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

rhino942

Premium Member
Hi Jake,
I reread Rick's answer and was amazed at his timing. Just replaced the board today and still nothing, do I move onto the main power board ( 241511112 )? Is there any testing I can do to the power board or just move onto replacement? Thanks for your time in responding, I really appreciate it.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent rhino, glad to hear that.:)

Thanks for the update!

Jake

rhino942

Premium Member
Hi guys, one year later I'm back with same issue, I have been having a challenge keeping the fridge side cool enough the freezer stays at 0, I swapped out the defrost thermostat ( the coil wasn't iced up) and the temperature sensor in the fridge side to no avail. I'm planning on another power board but have a couple of questions for you. The fridge is beeping, do you know what they mean? I hear 3 beeps and it starts for a few seconds or longer, sometime 1, 2, 3, or 4 beeps. It's trying to tell me something but I don't know what. Just order another power board?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
The only beeps are alarms, Look on Pages 14 and 15 of your owners manual here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1pBnBdwknCwKfaiO2N4EauKE4iCLNtxbP

There is no mention of any beeps in your tech data sheet.

Before you order another power board again, is your compressor and condenser fan running? Pull the refrigerator out from the wall, then remove the lower back access panel and see if they are running.

Jake