E35 Frigidaire Affinity FAFS4272

affinityabc1

Model Number
FAFS4272
Brand
Frigidaire
E35 has occurred twice. Once I was able to reset and drain without door opening. Second time I guess too much water accumulated and door popped open. But I was able to drain and spin on a spin only cycle. I do have access to a water shut off value and the E35 happens at about 18 minutes left on a standard 40 minute cycle. Until I get this fixed, Could I shut off water valve at 18 minute point, unplug and wait for washer to stop prompting for water, then run the spin only cycle? The local repair guy is out of town for several days.

From my description, does this sound like a reasonably inexpensive repair? And one that once repaired would leave me with a still dependable machine?

Also, I recently had some plumbing work done. Could a spike in pressure as a consequence of the plumbing repair have caused this damage to the washing machine?

Could I run a shorter cycle that would make the E35 less likely?

Could this only be happening when prompting for cold water? If so, would running a rinse with hot water sidestep the E35 for me for the time being?

Thank You.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, FAFS4272 is just a partial model number, we would need the complete model number.

I do have access to a water shut off value and the E35 happens at about 18 minutes left on a standard 40 minute cycle. Until I get this fixed, Could I shut off water valve at 18 minute point, unplug and wait for washer to stop prompting for water, then run the spin only cycle?
Do this first--->--->3. Remove power from washer. Does the water stop coming in?

E35=Pressure sensor indicates water overfill.

1. Is the water level above 4.5 inches?
Yes. Go to step (2).
No. Go to step (4).
2. Does water enter the washer continuously?
Yes. Go to step (3).
No. Check Air Trap for clog, if not replace the main control board.
--->3. Remove power from washer. Does the water stop coming in?
No. Replace the water valve assembly.
Yes. Check wiring to valve assembly for shorts. If wiring is good, replace the main control board.
4. Replace the pressure sensor switch. Did this correct the problem?
Yes. Problem solved.
No. Replace the main control board.

Here's the water inlet valve for your model:
Water Inlet Valve 134637810

Here's the pressure sensor switch for your model:
Pressure Switch 134762010

Jake

Last edited: