ED2VHEXVQ01 Ice and Water Dispenser Work but Ice Maker Not Working

rockncountry101

Premium Member
Model Number
ED2VHEXVQ01
Brand
Whirlpool
I have a Whirlpool model ED2VHEXVQ01 side by side refrigerator. It dispenses water and ice with no problem but the ice maker does not make ice. In fact I don't hear it doing anything. It started a couple of days ago. There was ice frozen in the assembly ready to drop but wouldn't drop. We pried the ice out and now it is empty. However, I don't hear any water coming through so obviously no ice is being made. My parents are on a fixed income and I have a few handy skills. I'd love to help them keep from having to spend a ton of money on a repair bill so any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

It sounds like your ice maker went out. The front plastic cover on it just unsnaps off. Then put your multimeter PROBES in L and N on the ice maker module and you should get 120 volts.

Now on some models you have to push and hold the door switch in while testing for 120 volts. If you do get 120 volts and its not running, then its bad.

Here's the ice maker for this model(Video Included in part link):
Ice Maker Assembly WPW10190965

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok,

Check the water pressure before the water filter housing, if you have good water pressure before the water filter housing and none after it, then your water filter housing is the problem.

Here's the water filter housing for your model(Video Included in part link):
WPW10121138 Water Filter Housing

Let us know what you find.

Jake