• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED EFIC452 Frigidaire Ice Maker stops mid cycle, “E” message

Iamnate95

Model Number
EFIC452
Brand
Frigidaire
My Frigidaire EFIC452 ice maker keeps faulting mid cycle. The machine will start to make ice, then quit before kicking out the first batch of ice. The ice is frozen, but still in the divider standing upright- the only indication on the control panel is the “E” error message. The ice maker also stops cooling/cycling at this point as well. The manual gives troubleshooting tips for “E1” and “E2” errors, but nothing for plain “E”. Web search doesn’t bring much up, so I thought I would check here. Thanks in advance.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I haven't worked on this model, hopefully another tech. or member can shed some light on this issue for you.

Other than check your owners manual warranty and see if Frigidaire will service it under warranty or exchange it for another new ice maker.

Jake

bsquared

Premium Member
I have a similar issue with my Frigidaire Ice Maker - EFIC452-SS-CU. The unit is just out of warranty (1yr) and the unit no longer ejects the ice cubes. It used to run for a period and the temperature readout would change to a countdown time which would cause the cycle to reverse to heat the tray and eject the ice. The timer no longer comes on and eventually the tray freezes over and the unit goes into an error state "E". At this point you need to unplug the unit for a bit to reset the error. After plugging it back in, turn it on, the maker continues the freeze cycle. Press and hold the power button until the eject cycle begins and the ice will eject after the tray warms. At this point we set a timer for ~18-20 minutes and then force the eject cycle to prevent the error state from occurring. It's now a manual ice maker. I'm trying to get info from the technicians to find out what has failed and how to enter the unit. I think there must be a thermistor that has failed and the timer never gets triggered to count down.

-Bob

bsquared

Premium Member
Update ... seems the timer needed a reset. Unplug the unit, wait a bit, hold down the timer button while plugging in. Release timer button, 00 shows in the display, hit '+' button, 11 shows in the display. Power on, and the unit now ejects ice automatically.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Glad to hear you got it fixed.(y)

Thanks for the update!

That will help others too.:)

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.