EFLS617SIW 3 lights on knob cycle always ends with hot water

Desbacler

Premium Member
Model Number
EFLS617SIW0
Brand
Electrolux
Hi, I have a 2yr old Electrolux washer that's presented with a problem since install. Installation crew, and service techs from store I purchased from say they can't find anything wrong with the machine and have watched a complete cycle... and here I am.

The LED on the knob assembly has three lights always on, even when the power is off (Right side chocolate light, right side middle of the first 8, and second light above the door close indicator). They obviously turn off when the machine is unplugged, but they remain lit even through diagnostic tests. Diagnostic tests find no problem with the boards and just a door open error, too much soap, and unbalance in error code history).

In addition to the knob lights, every wash cycle ends with the clothes extremely hot (Hot enough to remove or stick together logos on shirts) no matter what options are selected or deselected. When cold wash and eco mode are selected and a cycle is stopped in the middle the water is cold, but the cycle always ends hot.

Having to pay cash at this point and don't want to spend $350 replacing every board and the knob if someone has seen a similar issue before and can point me in the right direction.

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Your machine came with a tech sheet and wiring diagram. Follow the steps in the tech sheet to run the service diagnostics and check for any error codes. Unfortunately I haven't been able to locate any service information yet.

Desbacler

Premium Member
Code 41, Control board thinks the door switch is open (it had been during a reset attempt)
Code F2, Too much soap, or wrong type
Code F5, Load Unbalance

Only data I have is the tech data sheet I found the location of while reading the other two posts on this model, and the parts list in the link located in the same posts.
Diagnostics have completed without problems 2 times today

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Here's the tech. data sheet for this model: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1xhsBdS7khg81ey1XhZICiinv6oFv9pfh

Code 41: Refer to test (6)

TEST 6:

1. Is the loading door closed? No, close the door.
Yes, go the step (2).

2. Can you hear the lock attempt to close? Yes, check the door strike. If good, replace the door
No, go the step (3)

3. Check wire connection between door lock and main control board. If good, replace the door lock. Then if problem is not fixed, replace the main control board.

Rick why does it say replace the door if the door strike is good? Or should it say replace the door switch lock assembly?

Here's the door switch lock assembly for this model:
5304505231 Door Lock, Assy W/ Switch

Here's the main control board for your model: 5304505520 Main Board

Jake

Desbacler

Premium Member
Thank you, the door was open, which caused the error code for the door being open.

rickgburton

Staff member
OK, so the only errors are F2 and F5 and the LEDs stay lit. Is that correct?

Desbacler

Premium Member
yes, the three lights, and every wash cycle ending hot (either the perfect steam is always on despite the selection, or it rinses with hot water no matter the selection)

rickgburton

Staff member
OK, when you add everything up it comes out to be a bad control board. The link is in Jake's last post.

Desbacler

Premium Member
I found the hot water issue, previous owner turned off the cold water and tee'd off the hot water line in the wall that feeds the laundry room so both hoses fed hot water to the washing machine.

New main board is in, but the lights on the knob screen are still lit. Ran through a cycle and the washer functioned correctly.

rickgburton

Staff member
That changes things a bit. The control board controls the water temp so save your old board. It may still be good. Can you take a few pics of the "lights on the knob screen" and post them here?