• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED EFLS617STT0 Electrolux Washer E59 Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

ALN

Premium Member
Model Number
EFLS617STT0
Brand
Electrolux
Problem: Electrolux Washer EFLS617STT, purchased it in 2018 new. Indicates it has an E59, removed the back panel and noticed that the plastic pins where not connected to the back shock absorbers. So, I placed the pins back. Still had the same error code. Then I replaced the Machine Motor Control Board and cleaned out the coin filter. Agitates and spins fine when NO clothes are in the washer, everything checks out. When NO clothes are in the washer, it can go thru all the cycles and acts like a regular washer. But.....

Once, I put a small basket of clothes, and the clothes get wet, then the washer does not agitate or spin. It just stops. I can hear clicking sounds when clothes are in the wash but can't figure it out.

Any suggestions? I am at a lost.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi, I'm attaching your tech. data sheet below.

E59--->No spin signal for 3 seconds--->Refer to test (9)

Do what it says in TEST 9 and let us know what you find, you will need a multimeter to ohm test with.

Screenshot 2021-05-22 18.27.10.png

Here's the motor for your model, in case yours ohm tests bad:

Attachments

• A05243601B.pdf
    5.1 MB · Views: 91

ALN

Premium Member
Did the Ohms testing, and it still read zero. Used a secondary multimeter, same result.

Ordered the motor, while removing the old motor and unclipping the wires, noticed that it has a broken wire. Butt spliced the wire. This was found bound inside the electrical tape attached to the zip tie anchor. Ran a cycle with clothes, and it actually spun without stopping. Now, to return the motor that I never used.

Attachments

• washer wire.jpg
    washer wire.jpg
    183.9 KB · Views: 76

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent, good find.(y)

Thanks for the update!

Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.