• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

EFMG627UIWI Electrolux Dryer Makes Constant High Pitched Noise

FredRick

Premium Member
Model Number
EFMG627UIWI
Brand
Electrolux
My Electrolux gas dryer is just a few months old and is making a constant, high-pitched whine type of sound. Does anyone know what this is or if there is an easy fix? I went to Electrolux's site to make a warranty claim and it says they aren't doing "non-essential" service calls, which seems like a cop-out at this point. Pretty much everyone else in the world is working. Since I've got to fix this new, expensive dryer myself, I appreciate any help!

I've seen a "rumbling" sound mentioned often with Electrolux dryers and that is not the sound I am getting. I've also seen in Electrolux's documentation that occasional sounds can be normal but this is not occasional. It went from "wow, that new dryer is quiet" to "wow, that new dryer is loud."

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I went to Electrolux's site to make a warranty claim and it says they aren't doing "non-essential" service calls, which seems like a cop-out at this point. Pretty much everyone else in the world is working. Since I've got to fix this new, expensive dryer myself,
Umm, NO, you need to CALL them at (877) 435-3287 and have them come out to fix it for you, that covid-19 excuse has played out now with the vaccines out for almost a year now, I don't care what their website says or not, they have to honor their warranty, if not you need to file a claim with your state attorney generals office, for your state its here: https://oag.ca.gov/contact/consumer-complaint-against-business-or-company

A small noise can turn into a big problem and if you try to fix it yourself they can void your warranty, then your really up a creek.

But if you don't care about the warranty, then make a video of the noise and upload it here or you can upload the video to Youtube and post the Youtube link here. Or share your video per Google Drive, Dropbox, or Microsoft OneDrive and post the share link here. so we can hear it and tell you what part/parts you need.

Jake

FredRick

Premium Member
That's good advice. My wife had tried calling and said she couldn't get thru to a person. I just tried and they're closed today but I'll try again next week. I'm not about to do anything crazy that will void the warranty.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, sounds good.:)

Jake