• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

EH3012SCH Dacor, Replace control board

mendozer

Premium Member
Model Number
EH30
Brand
I got my control board replacment and removed the front 4 screws from the top panel. I can't easily get it to come down. It seems blocked by the back panel. Dacor's manual has no such diagram or instructions for how these interlock. Any ideas?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
EH30 is the model number? That seems way to short, are you sure there's no more to that model number?

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Thanks,

Here's the control board for this model:
Control Board 101618

I was hoping to find a video or instructions to help you out, but I found nothing.

Hopefully another tech that's replaced this control board can assist you.

Jake

mendozer

Premium Member
I struggled for about an hour to get the old control board out. In the end the two wings in the back had to be unscrewed then lifted to slide the front wing back under it to get my hands into the cavity to take out the board. Pain in the rear for sure. But I got it done. I need to get new lights now to truly test it. The fans fine

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent, good job and find about how to replace it.

Lets us know how it goes when you get new lights to test it.

Jake

mendozer

Premium Member
didn't change a thing. Lights still stay on, even when trying the factory reset. However the factory reset states to have everything off first, which is impossible therefore invalid. So....(dang) guess I have to order a touchpad now. There went 65 bucks!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, without a tech. data sheet or service manual to assist you its like a shot in the dark just ordering parts hopefully it will be fixed.

Here's the touchpad for your model:
Touchpad 101655

When you order parts from AppliancePartsPros or RepairClinic, you have 365 days to return the part/parts for a full refund, less shipping, for any reason, even if you install the part/parts and it doesn't fix the problem.

But unfortunately, both the control board and the touchpad are out-of-stock at both of our part suppliers.

Jake

mendozer

Premium Member
I just replaced the touchpad and nothing has changed. There are two controllers to the light being the touchpad and the circuit board. Both have been replaced to no avail. What's next? The wiring from the lampholders inside the hood ? Why would they be held open when they're just receptacles and not controllers?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Like I mentioned above:
without a tech. data sheet or service manual to assist you its like a shot in the dark just ordering parts, hopefully it will be fixed.
You'll need to have a Dacor tech come out to see what's going on.

Jake

mendozer

Premium Member
Had a tech come out. He said he didn't have lights and was about to leave (i was at work). I told my wife where the bulbs where and he put them in. Needless to say he didn't do much. He was hour and a half late then left in a rush without saying anything to her. He texted me that polarity was reversed at the outlet, then said he'd order the touchpad and control board. This is all despite me telling him that I put both brand new parts in. I think he just couldn't figure it out and wants to repeat what was already done. What the heck??

And FWIW if my polarity was reversed, wouldn't I have had a problem over a year ago when I put it in?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Was that an authorized Dacor tech?

Sure didn't sound like one.

Did you contact Dacor here: Dacor Customer Care - Contact Us

Your in Seattle, so they must have a few Dacor techs there that are much more knowledgeable about their products, than that guy was.

Jake

mendozer

Premium Member
Yeah it was the top result from Dacor's site, a preferred provider. What else would be tested? From my viewpoint there's only a blower, control board, touchpad, and sockets in there. It's not the blower or sockets.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I wish I could help you my friend, but I have no Dacor training.

Call Dacor back and let them know you are not happy with that tech., they will send another.

Jake

mendozer

Premium Member
I just ordered another board, maybe the first was defective. I'll try that. After this i really don't know. I asked that tech to come back and install my new board but not charge me for the service call since he left the first time in a rush despite being late and not having anything to put in. He told me to find another company. Geez customer service doesn't exist anymore.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
He told me to find another company.
You gotta be kidding me? What's the company's name? we will list them in our Shame Forum.

Then he'll change his tune once he sees he's out of business.:)

Jake

mendozer

Premium Member
Smith Appliance. I'm just very disappointed in the service. Guess I'll try to put in the new board myself.