EIFLS60JIW0 Error Code E21 on Electrolux front load washer, Drains slow sometimes other times fast

Ghale330

Premium Member
Model Number
EIFLS60JIW0
Brand
Electrolux
Ok so this blog helped a lot especially with the coin trap part. I’ve replaced the pump twice brand new oem , the main board (used) , cleaned the coin trap , checked voltage during cycle and checked the gray drain and recirculation hose and pump. Have not replaced pressure sensor. Please help!!

Ghale330

Premium Member
Seems like it drains slow sometimes fast other times but after that is usually when it just stops doing anything. I can pause the cycle then restart and will finish the cycle with or without actually running water in during the rinse and spin, that’s why I’m having a hard time diagnosing this thing.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Thanks, Your model uses this tech data sheet: https://www.dropbox.com/s/j29qczouwhz6dwy/EIFLS60LT0.pdf?dl=0

E21=Water not pumping out fast enough--->Refer to TEST 3.
E32=Pressure sensor calibration problem--->Refer to TEST 4.
E91=Communication error between UI board and main control board--->Refer to TEST 11.

Seems like it drains slow sometimes fast other times
It should be draining fast at all times. Have you checked all your hoses for partial clogs?

Jake

Ghale330

Premium Member
Yes I’ve checked the coin trap and black tub to pump boot again . It doesn’t throw a code every time it gets “stuck” either. The last two were pressure sensor codes so I took the top off and tapped on the sensor, pushed pause then start, it then finished the cycle with no problem.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Also, remove the pressure switch hose from the pressure switch and blow hard into the pressure switch hose which goes into the air dome assembly, I've tiny pieces of lint get clogged in the air dome assembly and cause this issue too, make sure no water is in the tub when you blow through your pressure switch hose, that's very important!

Jake

Ghale330

Premium Member
Ok no problem with the pressure switch hose. I replaced the pressure switch , board and another brand new oem pump. When it gets to a point when it’s supposed to drain you can hear the pump humm and I get a trickle of water most of the time but other times it’s the full flow the size of the drain hose like it’s supposed to be. Have you ever encountered an issue with voltage or wiring?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
When you hear the drain pump hum, its not running?

Have you ever encountered an issue with voltage or wiring?
Yes, rodents like to chew the wires this time of year and that will cause low or no voltage to the drain pump, check your wires to the drain pump thoroughly.

Jake