Status
Not open for further replies.

mkowal

Premium Member
Model Number
EIFLS60LT0
Brand
Electrolux
We are getting an E21 error code on our washer. We have replaced the drain pump, checked the drain hose for obstructions, and replaced the UI Board Assembly and the Main Board Assembly. We are still getting the E21 error code. It is not every time we do a load of laundry - it will work for a few loads and then error again. It seems to always error with a load of towels. Please advise.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Here's the parts diagram for your model: Electrolux Washer EIFLS60LT0 / Repair Parts

E21=Water not pumping out fast enough. Refer to TEST 3 in your tech data sheet here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/j29qczouwhz6dwy/EIFLS60LT0.pdf?dl=0

Fill the washer without clothes, then pull the drain hose up from the drain pipe, then cancel/drain it and watch how fast the water flows out, should be a very strong flow out with lots of pressure. If not you have a clog elsewhere, that you would need to check for in the tub to pump hose.

If your water pressure out the drain hose is fine, then clear your error code per the tech data sheet I posted above, then do a FACTORY RESET per that tech data sheet too.

Jake

mkowal

Premium Member
Hi Jake,

I filled the washer without clothes and it did not drain at all - it just sat there after I pushed cancel. I used the vacuum to drain it. I have noticed in a regular cycle it gets stuck at this point and it drains very slowly. There is not a clog in the hose that connects to the pump nor in the drain hose. After reading through some of the other blogs - one guy said he changed the pressure switch. We did this last night and ran a large load of towels. It still gave us the E21 error code. We switched it to a fast wash and the cycle finished without an error, but still drained slowly. At this point we are not sure what else to do except call in a repairman, which we have been trying to avoid. Thank you.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, there must be something else clogging it from draining fast, since you already replaced the drain pump.

Let us know what they find, I'm very curious myself.

Jake

mkowal

Premium Member
Hi Jake,
I actually saw on the forum someone who said the flap in the drain pump was the issue. We removed the flap on our drain pump, loaded up a large load of towels and no error. The only issue is the load time is still taking almost twice the time it states on the display. Before, the load time was longer because of the slow drainage and it getting hung up. Now it seems it is taking longer because the drain pump is continually trying to drain water given there is no flap on there. Why would the flap on the drain pump start to give us issues now after four years? Is it possible the new drain pump we received was faulty or is the flap an issue on all of them now?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

mkowal

Premium Member
Hi Jake,

We replaced the drain pump with a new one. Just to recap we have now not only replaced the drain pump, but the pressure switch, the main control board, and the control panel. I did five loads of laundry yesterday and I did not receive an error. It still is running longer though than the time it states on the display. This morning I ran a heavy load of towels and I received the E21 error code. I do not think we received a faulty drain pump again. I am not sure what else we can do at this point - there is obviously a larger issue here. I do know I will never buy an Electrolux or Frigidaire appliance ever again!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
That's very odd, I'm puzzled too on what it could be.

The drain pump usually fixes it. Did you remove the flapper to see if that makes a difference on the new drain pump you received?

Jake

Jme

Hello
We are having the exact same issue. Were you ever able to solve yours? Ours is only 4 years old as well :(

mkowal

Premium Member
Yes. It turned out there was a clog in the short black hose that connects to the drain pump, not the long gray ribbed hose. Inside of this black hose is a filter that can only be seen by looking at the motor/tub parts diagram. It is not shown on the control panel diagram. There was an article of clothing stuck in there and the filter inside was covered in lint. We cleaned that out and we have not had any more issues. Hope this helps!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
That's the tub to pump hose I suggested you check in my post above.:)

I should of posted a photo to it, I will do that now for others following your thread.:)

Glad that was all it was, I was being to think I was losing my mind, LOL.

Here's the tub to pump hose and video:
Tub-to-Pump Hose 134639910

Video here: Tub-To-Pump Hose Video

Jake

kgdiver1

Electrolux not draining to go in spin cycle

On page two of this post Jake shows a pic and video of the black accordion pump to hose replacement. We didn’t see this page but ended up removing this from a pump replacement video of Jakes. The problem we had was the white basket insert shown inside the black hose was filled with tons of lint and so clogged. We removed it and pulled all the stuff out. That’s why the washer couldn’t drain well and issued the error code E21. The way we knew there was a problem is you can stick your finger in the tube collapsing the accordion part to feel the lint on that white hard basket insert. It was at that point we completely removed the black hose.

The clamps on the hoses are tough to get back on so we replaced 3 of the clamps with 2 inch stainless hose clamps which is much better.

Jake thanks for getting us to being able to fix this on our own. Your videos are great!

Kristin and Alex

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Glad to help Kristin and Alex.:)

Good job fixing yours too, thanks for your update!

Jake

MaxMM

I have the same issue... Thanks for this info. I will attempt a repair based on those instructions.

Status
Not open for further replies.