• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

EIFLW55HIW Electrolux Doesn't Power On

benjamin28787

Premium Member
Model Number
EIFLW55HIW
Brand
Electrolux
My Electrolux front loader recently flashed an E20 code, indicating that water flow was restricted in the drain pump. I gently laid the machine on it's side, removed the rubber boot and cleaned out a giant hairball that was surely the cause of the problem. I placed the boot back on, repositioned the machine and started a spin cycle to test the drainage. The boot was not on tight enough and blew off, sending water throughout my laundry room. I hit the cancel button and let the machine come to a stop before unplugging it. I cleaned up the water and readjusted the boot so it was water tight.

I started a spin cycle again, and during the cycle the display flashed 00:00 with no backlight and powered off. At this point I looked at my manual and realized the machine probably cut off because I had failed to turn my water lines on again. Additionally, I had unplugged the drain pump when working on it. I plugged the pump up again and turned on the water, but now the machine is totally lifeless. I've checked the outlet and breaker, both of which are fine. I get no lights, sound, etc.

Supposedly on some of these machines there is a combination of buttons to reset, but I have not found the instructions applicable to my machine. The machine worked flawlessly before the E20, and now my family of six is in distress for lack of clean clothes!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Are you sure it was E20 and not E21?

I'm looking at the service manual for this model and it does not show an E20, it does show the E21=Water not pumping out fast enough.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok,

The service manual says go to Test 3.

1. Check the drain hose for restrictions.

2. Start the washer and check for 120 VAC at the drain pump.

But now if you're machine is not powering up at all, and you're getting 120 volts at you're wall outlet, and this all happened after the drian pump boot came off and flooded you're laundry room, then possibly water got in the motor control board because that sits on the washer base as does you're drain pump as well.

Here's the motor control board for you're model:
Frigidaire 134618201 Control Board

So I'd first unplug the washer and remove the motor control board and use a hair dryer to dry it thoroughly, then re-install the motor control board and try to start a cycle again.

Let us know.

Jake

benjamin28787

Premium Member
Dried everything out and tested. I've confirmed that I have power going into the main control black box, but it seems like I have no power to the display. I can't get error codes, etc. because they display has no power.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Then it sounds like the main control board is bad. At the J1 connector on the main control board you will see L1(C2.1) and N(C2.2) Put one volt meter lead on L1 and put the other volt meter lead on N and see what your meter reads, it should read 120 volts.

If you get 120 volts then its your main control board that's bad.

Here's the main control board for your model:
Frigidaire 134994900 Control Board

Jake

benjamin28787

Premium Member
I tested it like you said and received 120 volts, indicating that the main control board is bad. My concern is that if I buy a new one and put it in, what's to say that something doesn't fry it and I'm out $130?

benjamin28787

Premium Member
What's to say it is the user interface as opposed to the black box. I tested the power going it, but power may not be coming out of the black box to the user interface, right?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
What black box are you referring too?

Take a picture of it so I can see.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Oh ok, I'm not sure what that control does, this is a much newer model I haven't run across yet, I'm just going by the service manual, I'll attach the service manual for your model so you can see.

Jake

Attachments