• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED EIMED55IIW2 Electrolux Dryer error code E64

Ihateelectronic

Premium Member
Model Number
EIMED55IIW2
Brand
Electrolux
Model EIMED55IIW2, serial 4034005013. First off I am a woman and don't have equipment to test resistance or whatever that is so I am going through different settings to see if the dryer throws the code.

I removed the vent to make sure of air flow- still throws E64 code. Also I reset the code between each test I ran. Also threw breaker for 3 minutes.
On high, medium/high and medium heat, dryer throws E64 after about 10 minutes. Heats up, doesn't seem excessive, no condensation or excess moisture. Clothes are getting drier in that 10 minutes. Load yesterday that didn't throw a code dried as expected.
Low or air, shuts off within 2 minutes and feels warm but can't tell if it is truly heating up or just left over heat from other trials. Will try again later once I know the drum has completely cooled down and update.

This piece of junk was manufactured 10/13 and this will be the fourth time replacing the heating element if it is that this time. Kicker is we sold the house with the washer and dryer to stay, who wants these pieces of junk, we close in a week so I have to get it fixed before closing. Cruddy timing. It couldn't have waited 2 weeks to go out, again.

Question is - with it still heating and shutting off quicker on low and air what are the chances it is the heating element that blew and the element is touch the housing and not a thermostat or limiter or????? I went ahead and ordered a heating element and have fingers crossed that is it. Thanks in advance for your thoughts on this.

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Here's the part you need:
frigidaire-heater-134792700-ap4368653_01_m.jpg

Ihateelectronic

Premium Member
Thanks Rick I ordered one. It does heat up on the air setting so in thinking through how the circuitry would work I would say the element on the heater blew and is touching the metal casing so it heats up when the dryer is getting any juice (high tech term there) and the thermostat is shutting it down when it gets too hot for whatever setting it is on. Please be the heater as I already ordered it and will be here Saturday.