• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Electrolux Dryer EFMC617STT0 runs for 5 seconds then turns off

DTM1

Premium Member
Model Number
EFME617STT0
Brand
Electrolux
Electrolux Dryer EFME617STT0 starts, runs five seconds, and shuts off. Error code history is E61. We replaced control board and UI. All components checked for continuity with no issues. What else can be causing this dryer to not function? It is just over three years old. I don't see where a solution was found for Alexandre in this post who has the same issue.

Last edited:

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Disconnect the yellow wire from the element and connect one meter lead to it and the other meter lead to a ground screw. Start the machine on timed dry high heat and see if the voltage is 120 VAC.

rickgburton

Staff member
Good question! Lol I thought we were troubleshooting an E64 no heat error until I realized something changed. That sometimes happens when you piggyback. I'm going to move you to your own thread sb

rickgburton

Staff member
What's the part number of the board you just replaced? Did anything change when you replaced it? I don't have any info for EFME617. Alexandre's model is EFMC617. I don't know what the difference is. Can you post a copy of the tech sheet that came with the machine?

DTM1

Premium Member
Hi Rick, attached are images of the part numbers and diagram. Nothing changed after replacing the control board or UI. Continuity checks were good on all other internal parts (heater, etc.).

Attachments

• IMG_4305.JPG
    IMG_4305.JPG
    426.4 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_4306.JPG
    IMG_4306.JPG
    499.6 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_4307.JPG
    IMG_4307.JPG
    344 KB · Views: 38

DTM1

Premium Member
The manual that came with the dryer doesn't have a tech sheet. The image above is a copy of the diagram sheet affixed inside the dryer when disassembled. Is there another sheet and where to obtain?

rickgburton

Staff member
OK, Do this: Locate the heater relay on the back of the board and remove the two wires. Measure the resistance between relay COM and NO. Remove the wires from the heating element and measure the resistance across the two terminals.
Snapshot_1.jpg