Electrolux Dryer EIMGD55IIW2 No heat in tub

sinister1957

Premium Member
Model Number
EIMGD55IIW2
Brand
Electrolux
Hi

Looking for service manual for Electrolux Dryer EIMGD55IIW2.

Problem: Dryer does not heat up in tub ...It does blow hot air out of exhaust vent. It is not my unit(sisters) so I did not get a chance to fully diagnose. Apparently she does not clean lint as often as she should. A lot of lint in exhaust tube (which I did replace with new). Also a lot of lint past the filter in door I reached in and pulled out hands full.

I did not take unit apart yet. From what I have read so far, in looks like it could be flame sensor, but because there was so much lint and hot air seemed to be blowing out exhaust I am wondering if there is just a clog I cant reach without taking unit apart.

In any case would like to get my hands on service manual so I can test all components while apart.

Thank You
Anthony

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
I think you might be missing something. You can't have hot air blowing out of the vent without heat in the drum. When the motor and blower start up the blower sucks the air through the burner tube where the flame is, into the drum from the holes in the back of the drum. It then sucks the air through the lint filter and housing, through the blower where it blows it out the vent.

You'll probably need to take it apart and clean out the lint filter and blower housing. If the lint filter housing or blower housing become blocked with lint and restricts the air flow, the flame will shut off on the safety thermostat and there won't be very good air flow out the vent.

sinister1957

Premium Member
Hi Rick

When I first checked unit hot air was blowing out back so I installed vent and then checked tub and there was no heat.

I am quite a distance from my sister so I had my nephew recheck.. It seems the unit gets hot for a few minutes in both the tub and at the exhaust vent then gets cold at both.

It sounds like what you described, the air flow must be restricted and the flame shuts down. I assume everything is working right and all I need to do is clean it out properly.

Is there anything else I should check or replace while I am in there

Thanks
Anthony

Last edited:

rickgburton

Staff member
When the air flow is blocked there's not a lot of air blowing out the vent. If there's a good volume of air moving through the vent the problem might be more than just cleaning.

rickgburton

Staff member
I would take a set of split coils with me if I was you. Electrolux doesn't sell them separately. These will work: