Electrolux EFLS517SIW0 - Not draining..

Nathan.Lang

Premium Member
Model Number
EFLS517SIW0
Brand
Electrolux
So I read this thread - HERE, ran the diagnostic got an error code 21 but also 23. I took out the drainage hose, pump and large black hose with the white trap connected to the tub. I cleaned them all and although some summy bits came out there were no significant blockages. I tested to see if the pump was working, which it was. Stumped I put the washer back together and ran the diagnostic again and got the all clear. I tested it with a spin rinse cycle that ran with no issue and the water drained quickly. I put a load of towels ( which i used to clean up all the water spilled from draining..) on a heavy duty cycle and it stopped at 22 mins to go water still in the tub.
I see that a lot of people have replaced the control board but it seldom seems to solve the problem.. I'm wondering if this sounds like a different problem? pressure switch? door lock? and how i might test for these.

Nathan.Lang

Premium Member
Update: after taking out the towels I ran a sipn/rinse cycle and it drained quick and span up to 130 rpm. Tried again with a load of shirts, same thing stopped at 20 mins.. tried the spin/ rinse again without taking the shirts out and it stopped at 8 mins.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Error Code 21=Water not pumping out fast enough.
Error Code 23=Drain triac error

Both say to refer to TEST 3.

TEST 3:
1. Check the drain hose for restrictions.
If there is a restriction, correct the problem.
No restriction, go to step (2).
2. Start the washer and check for 120 Volts AC at the drain pump.
If reading zero, check the wiring. If wiring good, replace the main control board.
If reading 120 VAC, remove the pump and check for blockage. If blocked, remove the restriction, if not, replace the pump.

When it drains how fast is the water coming out the drain hose? Pull the drain hose up and watch how fast the water comes out, it should come out with a very strong flow out.

Jake