• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED Electrolux EFME527UIW0 Electric Dryer no power at all - no lights

alexwhirlwind

Premium Member
Model Number
EFME527UIW0
Brand
Electrolux
Model: Electrolux EFME527UIW0 Electric Dryer.

Issue: Pressing power button does nothing. No lights, display, or sounds.

Powered on my like-new 3 yr old Electrolux dryer and set the desired time/program without problem. Then pressed the start button and the dryer turned off and won't turn back on. It hadn't been running at all that day, so it wasn't warm at all. Cycled the breaker to be sure and have verified 240v at the receptacle and inside the dryer via a multimeter, so the outlet and cord are good. When I press power I get no lights or anything, the digital display will not come on at all. It's acting as if it's unplugged.

This happened a month ago after a cycle and unplugging it for 10 mins seemed to fix. That did nothing this time. I've tried a few times over the past couple days as well as left it unplugged overnight. No luck. The vent hose is only about 2 ft long and vents directly through the wall and outside and is clear. No dust to speak of in cabinet at all.

I checked continuity on the in and out high-limit fuses, both are good.

Sound like a board issue? If so, which one? There are 3 I think - main board, user control, and the one for the knob.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Try this first: Factory Default Reset: 1 Press power and look for console to light up. 2 Wait at least 10 seconds, then simultaneously press and hold the dryness (dry level) and options buttons for 3 seconds. Audible signal will indicate that the settings have been reset.

If that does not bring it back to life, then you will need the main control board here:

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, let us know how it goes after you replace the main control board.

Make sure you disconnect power to the dryer before replacing it.

Jake

alexwhirlwind

Premium Member
I received the replacement main board and put it in but still no power at all. I have 120v on both the red and white wire going into the main board which I'm assuming is the power. Could it be the user interface board? Just wondering based on the fact that it seemed to be the thing that shut it down in the first place.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
That's very odd, that should of fixed it.

Here's the User Interface for your model:

The tech. data sheet is very vague, it doesn't tell you how many volts you should be getting to the User Interface.

The J6 connector on the main control board is the one that goes to the User Interface, you can check volts between VEE to Ground and VCC to Ground.

J6.1--->VEE
J6.2--->VCC
J6.3--->Data
J6.4--->Ground

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, that's good, so it must be a bad User Interface.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, sounds good.

Jake

alexwhirlwind

Premium Member
I replaced the User Interface board, and unfortunately it's still not working. Tried every combo of the 2 new boards and 2 old boards just in case; still no go. Same symptoms as before: no display or lights at all. As if it's unplugged from the wall.

To review, I've replaced the main board and user interface board. The outlet thermal limiter, Inlet control thermistor, and outlet control thermistor all have good continuity. VCC/VEE on J6 of main board have 120v.

I guess it has to be the Knob Assembly? Other than that, what's left?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

alexwhirlwind

Premium Member
Yes, everything seems fine. I'll go thru it all again tomorrow morning to make sure. I just went through all the fuses again, no issues there. Maybe something with the actual power button? No idea, just grasping at straws.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, I'm puzzled as well too. The tech data sheet is very vague on what to check when nothing lights up, I know Whirlpool and Maytag tells you what to check when nothing lights up.

Jake

alexwhirlwind

Premium Member
Went through it all again this morning just to make sure I didn't miss anything. Still no luck. Is it weird that the drum light doesn't even come on? In any case, I guess I'll order the Knob assembly and go from there.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
You are absolutely sure you are getting 240 volts AT THE DRYER TERMINAL BLOCK where the power cord connects to the dryer?

I see this alot, look here:
FriedWires.jpg

alexwhirlwind

Premium Member
Yes, 240v at the block, each leg has 120v as expected. Wires are perfect, looks like brand new. Picture below. Getting 120v at the drum light disconnect wires, but no light. No clue, unless one of the replacement boards was also bad.

aw_dryer_block.jpg

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, looks good to me too.

Hopes its that knob assembly then, if not I don't know what else it could be. Then at that point you'd need to have Electrolux come out and see what's going on.

Did you unplug the machine and ohm test all the thermostats for continuity?

Jake

alexwhirlwind

Premium Member
Yes, unplugged the machine and a wire from each side of the thermostats and they all have good continuity.

And from what I can tell, there are 3 thermostats, right? Outlet thermal limiter, Inlet control thermistor, and outlet control thermistor. I tested all 3, and they're all good.