• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED Electrolux EFME527UIW0 Electric Dryer no power at all - no lights

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, you are correct, just those 3.

Jake

alexwhirlwind

Premium Member
I got the new Knob assembly and put it in. Still no good. Same symptoms, just like it's completely unplugged. At this point, I'm wondering if either the replacement main board or UI board I got were bad. I might order an additional one of each of those to check. I'd just have my local Electrolux guy come out, but they can't get here until mid December. And I'd like to figure it out. It's become more of a challenge than anything at this point.

I imagine you must be thinking I've missed something obvious. Maybe I'll make a video of me going through everything just to prove I'm doing it right. :)

If the motor was dead, that wouldn't cause it to not light up at all, right? I assume I would at least get the drum light or UI lights.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
This is very odd, If the tech. data sheet was not so vague I can do a lot more to assist you, but other than that I can't.

Jake

alexwhirlwind

Premium Member
Short story: It works!!!

Long story: I received an additional new Main Board and UI Board this morning that I installed. Neither helped. I also jumped all of the fuses, just in case one was reading closed but was really open, but that didn't make a difference.
Just when I was about to throw in the towel, I decided to check the voltage inside the dryer again. L1 to L2 gave me 240v. L1 or L2 to Ground both gave me 120v. But this time, I wasn't getting good voltage from either L1 or L2 to Neutral. Seemed like Neutral was bad. I checked at the wall receptacle and sure enough, neutral was now no good. Replaced the receptacle and the dryer works perfectly.

Now, I am 100% certain I checked this multiple times before. I know I did. From looking at the receptacle, I can see that the contact inside the neutral looks to be broken. I think unplugging and plugging in of the power cord probably did it. It was always super tight. And I'm guessing that when I checked previously with the multimeter, I just happened to hit it just right deep in the receptacle and it gave me proper neutral.

In any case, I'm extremely glad this saga is done. Thanks a bunch for putting up with my questions and for the help. Time to return some parts that I never needed in the first place. Maybe there was a loose ribbon or something in the early days that got sorted out, but I'll never know.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent Alex, glad you found the problem with the bad neutral.(y)

That's sure a relief.:)

Thanks for the update!

Jake