• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Electrolux EW28BS85KS7 Fresh food ice maker running warm (27 degrees) ice clumps.

Richard Chase

Premium Member
Model Number
EW28BS85KS7
Brand
Electrolux
I have a Electrolux that has 0 degrees in freezer, 27 degrees in refrigerators ice maker ice house. It does make ice but ice melts and clumps. Door flap does shut and seal.

Attachments

• Ice.jpg
    Ice.jpg
    278.6 KB · Views: 46
  • Model.jpg
    Model.jpg
    148.8 KB · Views: 45
  • Temp.jpg
    Temp.jpg
    396.6 KB · Views: 45

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Richard,

Do you hear the fresh food ice maker fan running?

Here it is(Video Included):
Cooling Fan 5304493604

I'm attaching your tech. data sheet below.

If not--->Do test 57C and see if the ice maker fan runs.

Jake

Attachments

• 242173200.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 37

Richard Chase

Premium Member
Hello Jake, thank you for the reply. I have done some research and found on this model the Fresh Food Ice maker has it's own evaporator, heater, defrost thermostat and defrost heater. The fan was blowing well and I thought it was to draw cold air from freezer, I know see its an evaporator fan for the ice maker evaporator. The fact the ice maker is producing ice at this low temperature has me wondering if the mold thermistor on the ice maker has failed. I found many posts were the evaporator in ff ice maker has froze over and even had ice on back of fridge, I do not have that issue. I will include a picture of ice room, if you look close you can see what looks like possible over heating of defrost heater. I am going to return and run diagnostics on FF icemaker to see what temperature the thermistor is reporting to main CBA (test number 57C) I also will upload the test procedure I found. Once again, thanks. Will update.

Attachments

• FFIM Diag.pdf
    928.6 KB · Views: 42
  • Ice Room.jpg
    Ice Room.jpg
    168.3 KB · Views: 48

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
TEST 52C is the tray temperature, run that test too.

Yes, the ice room looks great!

Jake

Richard Chase

Premium Member
Ran all fresh food ice maker tests. All passed. 52C showed 17 degrees when I arrived, was up to 26 degrees when I finished running tests. (Refrigerator door open, ice bin removed). Reinstalled ice bin and put my meters temperature probe in the ice bin. Closed refrigerator door and watched the temperature on both the meter and refrigerator display (using test 52C) drop to 14 degrees, the meter and refrigerator were both falling at same speed, same temperature. Once it hit 14 degrees the temperature started rising, faster on meter than on fridge display. I forced fan on (57C) but that had no effect, temperature still increased. I included pictures of the ice when I arrived and how I monitored temperatures.

Attachments

• Ice1.jpg
    Ice1.jpg
    268.6 KB · Views: 40
  • Ice2.jpg
    Ice2.jpg
    196.1 KB · Views: 37
  • Temp.jpg
    Temp.jpg
    357.4 KB · Views: 42

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, for some reason it is warming up in the ice room, it should be getting down to 0 to 10 degrees F in the ice room at all times.

So if the ice room evaporator coil is not all frosted up, then you possibly have a sealed system problem preventing the ice room evaporator coil from having a normal frost pattern.

Jake